Assistant Director, Graduate Admissions
Drexel is a comprehensive global research university ranked among the top 100 in the nation. With over 24,000 students, Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, and a major engine for economic development in the region. Drexel has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged university, with community partnerships integrated into every aspect of service and academics.
The Assistant Director for Graduate Admissions serves as a primary contact for prospective students and their families, advisors and other individuals or organizations involved in the college selection process at the graduate level. Key responsibilities include all aspects of the graduate school recruitment process, including managing the application funnel, generating applications from prospects, and relationship management throughout the application cycle. The Assistant Director interacts with prospective students and their families during individual meetings, information sessions, and campus events to build relationships, answer questions, and explain the benefits of a Drexel University graduate education.
The Assistant Director also counsels accepted students through the enrollment process to facilitate a smooth transition to Drexel. The Assistant Director will be responsible for recruiting prospective students both locally and nationally through visits to college fairs, conferences, professional organization events, community events, and virtual fairs within a designated territory. The Assistant Director should expect to travel between 5-7 weeks per year. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in on-campus recruitment events which include evening and weekend hours, and as needed provide support for both graduate and undergraduate large-scale events. The Assistant Director works collaboratively with an assigned college or colleges within Drexel to review both domestic and international application materials, with the purpose of making admissions recommendations to their colleges. He/ she will collaborate closely with the academic departments throughout the decision process. The Assistant Director will also work closely with their campus partners reviewing programing, communications, and recruiting strategies for their specific populations.
- Assisting in planning and implementing the student recruitment plan for specific admissions programs or projects
- Coordinating external and internal recruiting efforts for a specific College/School; assume responsibility for planning, coordinating and supervising specific programs or projects, as assigned
- Corresponding and/or meeting with prospective students, applicants, their families, and others seeking information on admission standards, academic and non-academic programs and student activities; travel as necessary for receptions, forums and corporate presentations to enhance recruitment efforts
- Corresponding and/ or meeting regularly with campus partners for strategic alignment of College/ School goals and EMSS
- Analyzing qualifications of prospective students utilizing established admissions standards, guidelines and criteria, reviewing unusual circumstances with senior leadership as appropriate
- Traveling expectations include up to 5 to 6 weeks of travel during the year.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of experience
- Experience with Slate CRM and Banner systems a plus
University City, Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of J. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Philadelphia