Assistant Professor - Biology
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Two Special Appointment positions available.
Excellent benefits, including retirement
This position is responsible for providing instruction and serving as advisor to students enrolled in the Biology Program each semester and during NIC’s summer session when assigned. The focus of the position is instruction in Anatomy and Physiology and lab responsibilities in collaboration with the lead course instructor. In addition, the individual may serve as the lead instructor for cadaver dissection courses.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Teaches a minimum of 15 equivalent credit hours per semester as assigned and maintains additional weekly contractual hours, including a minimum of five office hours, five campus hours and five discretionary hours divided between office and campus hours for a total of 30 hours on campus per week
- Utilizes non-traditional delivery methods including online or other alternative delivery methods
- Applies knowledge of the content, uses appropriate course materials, prepares class presentations and handouts for electronic distribution, and prepares a syllabus for each course
- Prepares, administers, and grades tests and homework and delivers grades to the registrar on time
- Receives training in and maintains skills in the relevant fields of Biology, teaching methods and in using the electronic and physical equipment and software necessary to accomplishing teaching and advising responsibilities
- Advises students using the recommended procedures as outlined in the NIC College Advising Handbook
- Identifies student-learning outcomes; develops processes and tools for assessment; incorporates results in order to modify instruction and materials in general education, degree program, course cluster, and/or certificate program, in coordination with colleagues
- Responsible for Laboratory instruction, including teaching use of common laboratory equipment, appropriate instrumentation, and handling of specimens to fit course objectives
- Responsible for the enforcing established laboratory safety policies
- Participates in student recruitment, curriculum development, and serves on college committees
- Provides mentorship for adjunct and associate faculty as needed
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings
- Participates in professional development activities
- Cultivates effective public relations with various community agencies/service providers and/or educational partners
- May teach evenings and/or weekends
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Division Chair.
Education and Experience : Master’s Degree in Biology with emphasis in Physiology, Anatomy and Physiology, or related area. Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials, resume/CV, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts from highest or most relevant degree ) must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 21, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 11, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene