Work Site Location: Head Start - 2 positions available in Kootenai County
Work Schedule: This benefited position is 55% full-time and works Aug - June
Excellent benefits, including retirement
In conjunction with the North Idaho College Head Start mission, Five-Year Goals and in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations the Cook prepares healthy meals for young children ages 3 to 5 years old; and provides nutritional education for children, families, and staff.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, staff, families and the community.
- Prepare and serve food family style with sanitation best practice methods, per requirements of the "Child and Adult Care Food Program" (CACFP) and with consideration given to early childhood development best practices.
- Use standardized monthly menus for meals to prepare breakfast, lunch and snack meals each class day in accordance with center model and needs.
- Purchase food and supplies weekly through local or commercial vendors using purchase orders. Purchase using the best cost options to maximize the food budget.
- Maintain budget, complete monthly nutrition reports, and paperwork as required by the Child and Adult Care Feeding Program (CACFP).
- Review and plan for special diets and food allergies with parents, appropriate staff and CACFP consultant.
- Clean all serving utensils, dishes, serving bowls, kitchen equipment, appliances, storage areas, and ensure areas are sanitized using the most current practices.
- Work cooperatively with the education staff in implementing nutrition education using the current curricula, through food preparation activities involving children twice a month.
- Maintain current food handler’s card.
- Participate in meal services during each school year to model appropriate eating behavior and appropriate conversation, as appropriate for the center model.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to new employees, apprentices, volunteers and staff.
- Participate in a program committee as assigned
- Participate in professional development opportunities to ensure up-to-date, quality services to children and families.
- Support the development of relationships between children and their families through involvement in the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Plan work time to meet the center operations schedule, knowing that flexibility is required to meet the unique needs of the Head Start program and its participants.
- Participate as part of the center team to ensure efficient center operations
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and one-year experience in food preparation for large groups
Required License and/or Certifications (Upon Hire) :
• Maintain Idaho Food Handlers Card.
• Maintain current Infant/Child & Adult CPR and First Aid.
• Complete the Hepatitis A vaccination.
• Meet terms of Statement of Agreement/ Employment Declaration.
• Pass an enhanced criminal background check including fingerprinting, as required by Head Start Program Performance Standards and Child Care Licensing requirements, prior to first day of work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• The ability to work with families and children from diverse ethnic, cultural and linguistic backgrounds
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of commonly used computer software programs including data collection systems
• Demonstrate professional ethics and confidentiality. Represent the Head Start program in the community and with other professionals, positively and with professionalism.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials (resume and cover letter) must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 21, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Human Development & Family Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene