Instructor in Computer Aided Design Technology-Architecture
Work Site Location: Parker Technical Education
This position is responsible for teaching up to 9 credits in the specified field of study as assigned by the Division Chairperson and for serving as advisor to students
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Becomes familiar with and initiates the orders for the assigned textbook(s) and prepares a syllabus for each course, which will be filed with the Division Office and the Vice President for Instruction prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Prepares classroom presentations and hand-outs.
- Prepares, assigns, and grades writing assignments, tests and homework in a timely manner; delivers grades and attendance using the college computer system to the registrar by date requested.
- Schedules and maintains weekly office hours per college policy for the educational development and advising of students.
- Maintains schedule and contact information in college computer systems.
- Attends division meetings and works cooperatively with division chairs in program course development, program review, outcomes assessment, and accreditation issues; continuously works towards the upgrading of present curricula and/or developing new curriculum.
- Receives training and keeps skills current in using the electronic and physical equipment and software necessary to accomplish teaching and advising activities; makes recommendations for equipment and supply purchase and repair.
- Assists the library and instructional media departments in keeping the library collection current in the relevant teaching field(s).
- Identifies student needs/problems to the extent feasible and provides the necessary connection to appropriate campus resources for resolution.
- Aids in recruitment and retention of students by assisting prospective and enrolled students with career and educational planning through information or referral to resources on campus, in the community, or at other institutions.
- Informs prospective and enrolled students of requirements and expectations of their respective programs.
- Develops an understanding of and maintains a commitment to the mission of the community college.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students and the community.
Education and Experience :
- A minimum of eight years full-time current related experience
- OR an Associate’s degree in a related post-secondary or professional-technical education program and six years of recent experience in an area related to the needs of the position
- OR a Bachelor’s degree in a related area and three years of recent experience related to the needs of the program.
Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of students, faculty, and staff from multi-cultural backgrounds.
Required License and/or Certifications :
Demonstrate Journey level status, Industry Certification, or Certification/Licensure by passing a State or Certification/Licensure examination.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain professionalism
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate information, teach and mentor students
• Expert knowledge of industry and of various CAD Architecture software packages
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check
All application materials (resume and cover letter) must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 21, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene