Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Excellent benefits including retirement
The primary purpose and function of this position is to maintain and/or upgrade the Heating, Venting, Air Conditioning /Refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems and to maintain the best possible environmental conditions for the students, employees and visitors to North Idaho College.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Maintains and services all HVAC/R equipment, including low pressure steam boilers.
- Operates and maintains campus and outreach center HVAC energy management systems.
- Maintains and services all sensors, controls and actuators, including electrical mechanical pneumatic, and electric, ensuring the heating and air conditioning equipment operates at peak efficiency.
- Orders and maintains the inventory of parts for all HVAC/R and gas-fired heating equipment.
- Responds to temperature-related trouble calls from students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Maintains availability for shift work, on-call, and/or irregular schedules, including weekends, to keep NIC safe and operational. Responds to emergency calls, to include a rotating 24-hour on-call shift.
- Adjusts schedule as needed and demonstrates flexibility to work in department with highest priority as assigned.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Assists other trades as needed, including but not limited to building repair and maintenance, landscape maintenance, custodial services, fleet services, snow removal, furniture moving, and freight deliveries. Accepts direction from supervisor of assigned department(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and 5 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Experience must be directly in HVAC/R
Required License and/or Certifications :
• Journey Level HVAC/R license for the State of Idaho, or the ability to obtain licensure in the State of Idaho within six (6) months required.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of standard trade tools and of occupational hazards, safety precautions, local codes and regulations pertaining to the trades is essential.
• Knowledge of control feedback loops
• Ability to read, write and understand oral and written instructions.
• Ability to follow instructions relating to work assignments that may be oral or written, and may be accompanied by sketches or blueprints.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of licenses required.
All application materials (resume and cover letter) must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: May 21, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: June 11, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene