Director of Development
Job Title Director of Development Posting Number S929P Classification Title
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of donors and donor prospects. This position’s focus will be to develop and maintain a strong donor base for the CBU College of Engineering and College of Architecture, Visual Arts and Design. The position will focus primarily on the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gifts from individuals and companies, as well as fulfilling specific assignments as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for meeting annual fundraising goals – primarily through major gifts.
2. Works with the Senior Director of Development for University Advancement in setting goals/metrics and implementing donor cultivation and solicitation strategies for assigned portfolio.
3. Plans, implements, and manages major gift solicitations ($10,000 and above) for donors and donor prospects within assigned portfolio.
4. Builds relationships with donors and donor prospects through regular face-to-face visits, calls, emails, and mailings and implements effective moves management strategies within assigned portfolio.
5. Submits and maintains regular contact and activity reports on all donor-related activities through Raiser’s Edge NXT .
6. Effectively collaborates with the deans to develop strategies for the successful completion of specific fundraising initiatives and capital projects.
7. Introduces gift planning vehicles, when appropriate, to successfully maintain a donor-centric approach to philanthropy.
8. Develops major gift proposals for individuals and corporations ($10,000 and above).
9. Maintains a winsome and professional relationship with the community and organizations that have an interest in, or provide support to, California Baptist University.
10. Attends and/or represents the University at community events, alumni/parent events, athletic events, and other special events in assigned areas and on campus.
11. Pursues professional development opportunities regarding fundraising techniques by attending conferences, reading books, and subscribing to applicable publications.
12. Maintains oversight of college/school-specific development budget.
13. Willingness to travel regionally and nationally as required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to articulate an understanding of and have a passion for Christian higher education.
Knowledge of fundraising systems and campaigns.
Financial acumen and the ability to understand financial, business, and legal concepts.
Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
Knowledge, understanding and balanced appreciation of all aspects of fundraising.
Ability to participate in maintaining a positive and winsome work environment that promotes advancing University Advancement and serve as an advocate for UA within the entire CBU community.
Internal motivation to accomplish objectives and tasks (a self-starter).
Ability to work independently of daily supervision.
Ability to work flexible hours including mornings or evenings, and occasional weekends.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects at a time.
Ability to use independent judgment, manage and impart confidential information and maintain confidentiality.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, student body and the community.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (extremely high people skills, winsome).
Ability to relate well to a wide variety of personalities, ages, and careers.
Demonstrated professionalism, persistence, initiative, and tact in building and maintaining relationships.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to ask and close major and planned gifts.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; three to five years of related experience and/or training; and demonstrated effectiveness in fundraising, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors, or an area that demonstrated a high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
Open Date 05/21/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6522 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside