Athletic Academic Counselor
Job Title Athletic Academic Counselor Posting Number S931P Classification Title
Responsible for coordinating and providing academic evaluation, counseling, advisement and support to promote academic success of student-athletes for athletic sports at California Baptist University. Responsible for monitoring student-athlete’s continuing eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
2. Understand and implement student academic advising.
3. Maintains all academic records for assigned sports teams.
4. Gather appropriate data and prepare semester and yearly academic reports
5. Meet with assigned sports teams at beginning of year to address academic issues and fill out forms that are necessary.
6. Work with Faculty Athletic Representative and Registrar on academic eligibility requirements.
7. Ensure that all academic eligibility requirements are met by required deadlines.
8. Advise student-athletes of academic requirements and assist with planning appropriate class schedules.
9. Review academic records of student-athletes to determine the need for academic support services, and create educational plans for student-athletes requiring academic support.
10. Serve as liaison between student-athletes and academic support center on campus. Make student-athletes aware of services available and make referrals as needed.
11. Review and evaluate student athletes’ academic progress, timely declaration of a major, and progress toward degree as they relate to maintaining sport specific conferences and NCAA eligibility.
12. Coordinate and evaluate priority registration with assigned sports teams
13. Work with coaches and other University departments and/or personnel to evaluate the eligibility of potential student athletes and to monitor the academic performance of current student-athletes to maintain NCAA eligibility.
14. Assists with the creation and maintenance of academic files on all student-athletes, including the compilation of academic information on student-athletes for sport specific conferences, and NCAA eligibility reports and forms.
15. Assess the need for and implementations of academic support services and advise/alert the Athletic Department and University personnel of ineligible and academically at-risk student athletes.
16. Respond to all administrative correspondence in the requested time-frame and attend all staff meetings.
17. Maintain up-to-date information of rule changes and policies for sport specific conferences and the NCAA .
18. Report any compliance issues regarding countable athletically related activities ( CARA ) or student-athlete welfare.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to work limited evenings.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 05/21/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6526 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Accreditation Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside