Executive Director-Compliance Programs
Careers - BOR ModificationJob Summary
Coordinate Institute-wide programs for compliance with specific
legal and regulatory requirements. Identify the Institute's
compliance obligations and oversee campus offices charged with
addressing specific requirements of the American with Disabilities
Act (and related statutes, regulations, and policies) and Title IX
of the Education Amendments of 1972 (and related statutes,
regulations, and policies).
This position will interact on a regular basis with: students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
This position typically will advise and counsel: students, faculty, staff, visitors, and Institute Management.
This position will supervise: staff.
- Serve as the Institute’s contact person with knowledge and information regarding specific compliance obligations related to Title IX and the ADA, Institute policies and procedures in these areas, and reports or complaints of non-compliance.
- Coordinate efforts of other campus offices engaged in the subject matter of compliance; establish and support appropriate organizational subunits. Reports to the Vice President for Institute Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and also advises the President regarding all matters relating to the Institute’s full compliance and fulfillment of all Institute’s obligations for compliance Title IX and the ADA
- Supervise additional staff as necessary to achieve the office objectives.
- Ensure that reports and/or complaints of non-compliance are investigated in a timely manner and appropriate responses are undertaken.
- Identify and address patterns of non-compliance.
- Communicate compliance obligations internally and externally in a manner consistent with law and regulation.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place to address specific compliance obligations under Title IX and the ADA.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Master's Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and Title IX and ADA experience
Seven or more years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Educational Requirements:
Juris Doctor Degree
Previous experience in a major research university are strongly preferred
Ten years related job experience
Working knowledge of Title IX and/or ADA compliance requirements and management practices and previous experience in a major research university are strongly preferred
- Familiarity and experience with federal, state, and USG guidelines and compliance areas (e.g., Title IX, Title VII, ADA/504, etc.)
- Facile with training & education: campus-wide strategy and execution
- Ability to work independently to execute functions of the office
- Ability to provide leadership and support for ADA and Title IX