Accounts Payable Manager - (STA007436)
Manages an accounts payable function, ensuring that payments meet state, federal and university guidelines, regulations, policies and documentation requirements. Manages the daily operations of the department, and prioritizes/coordinates the work of their staff. Oversees the disbursement activities, including the preparation, review, approval, and verification of Accounts Payable transactions.Job Duties
- Manages as accounts payable department, to include: training, evaluation, and staff development.
- Identifies the long term goals of the department in coordination with the goals of the University and establishes the plans in order to maintain effective and efficient payable operations in accordance with the policies and regulations.
- Prioritizes the coordinates the work activities of an Accounts Payable staff, and provides work direction as needed to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- Interprets SAM, MAPP, state/federal and other regulations for university departments and ensures that state and university standards and requirements are met for all payments and reimbursement, including state prompt-payment regulations and disbursement process security controls.
- Provides policy and procedural guidance to campus departments and vendors for payment and reimbursement activities.
- Researches and resolves complex payment and reimbursement inquiries and issues as well as anticipates the potential impact of changes, including new high-volume vendors and activities to develop and execute a plan to address the needs of the vendor and the university.
- Reviews audit findings and prepares responses for the director�s review and approval; develops and implements procedures that comply with audit findings and recommendations.
- Recommends changes and improvements to university accounts payable processes and systems, and oversees departmental participation in development and testing of those improvements and oversees the ongoing system set up.
- Develops, implements, and updates internal operating policies and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
*Department is willing to accept experience in lieu of education.
Bachelors and 3 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
Looking for candidates who are tech savvy?
Advanced Excell skills, pivot tables, v-lookups, graphic quires, and macros.
Experienced in diplomacy, ability to work with faculty and deans.
Strong financial auditing skills. Good with policy decisions and adhering to financial protocols.
Excellent communication skills, written and verbally.
Note: Final candidates will be given an Excel exam to determine proficiency level.
Notes to Applicant: cgarcia2194