ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER-WOMEN'S SOCCER /TRACK
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC TRAINER-WOMEN'S SOCCER /TRACK & FIELD/XC
Posting Number: SRGV5071
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
To assist in the medical supervision and care of student athletes and in monitoring the safety of equipment and procedures; to provide administrative support. Responsible to assist with the medical and injury related needs of student athletes.
Description of Duties:
• Evaluates athletic related injuries and determines appropriate subsequent care or referral.
• Directs medical supervision of team practices and events.
• Implements medical emergency action plan in event of medical emergency.
• Documents injuries, treatments and rehabilitation.
• Maintains medical records.
• Develops appropriate flexibility and strength programs for injury prevention.
• Develops progressive rehabilitation programs post-injury safe return to activity.
• Oversees and administers daily treatment of student athletes including stretching, massage and therapeutic modalities.
• Coordinates physical exam process and drug testing procedures.
• Travels with sports team for medical coverage and student care on the road.
• Supervises and instructs student trainers in the internship program.
• Counsels student athletes on injury, health, safety and nutrition topics.
• Assists with pre and post practice and event preparation of student athletes and sport venue.
• Schedules and transports injured student athletes to appropriate medical facilities.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
May supervise assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education.
Master’s degree from in Kinesiology, Physical Education, Athletic Training, or Sports Medicine. from an accredited institution of higher education.
• As condition of employment this position requires the applicant to be authorized to operate a University-Owned Vehicle for Official University Business. Per University of Texas System Policy 157, applicants will be subject to a motor vehicle record check for their most recent thirty-six (36) month history. Out of State Drivers are required to submit a 36-month history MVR from their prior State of residence(s). • NATA BOC Certification or eligible for certification exam. • Texas License as an Athletic Trainer through Texas Department of Health or be eligible for exam.
• One (1) year experience in Sports Medicine field or applicable medical field setting involving care, prevention, evaluation, treatment or rehabilitation of injuries.
• Knowledge of NCAA and University athletic policies and procedures.
Use of standard office equipment, personal computer, and audio/visual equipment. Use of ultrasound therapy, electrical stimulation therapy, hydrotherapy tank, hydrocollator unit, microcurrent stim therapy.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Long and varied hours. Frequent weekend and evening activities. Travel with overnight and/or multi-day stays required. Possibility of working in dangerous conditions such as blood borne pathogen related areas. Possibility of working in inclement weather conditions (i.e. cold, heat, rain, etc.)
• Understand that violation(s) of NCAA rules could result in sanctions being placed against the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and the University.
• Attend regularly scheduled compliance meetings to maintain knowledge of current and recently established policies.
• Have familiarity and knowledge of NCAA Division I rules required as part of job duties.
• Ability to exhibit integrity with high ethical standards and strict adherence to NCAA, conference, university and departmental rules and regulations as well as solid commitment to academic integrity, student-athlete welfare, ethnic diversity and gender equity.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 05/18/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or email@example.com.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28420