Disability Access Service Coordinator/Academic Advisor
The OSU-Cascades Office of Student Success is seeking a Disability Access Services (DAS) Coordinator and Academic Advisor. This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) 12-month, professional faculty position. This position is located in Bend, OR.
As a University DAS team member, the Coordinator meets with prospective students on the OSU-Cascades campus and works with eligible students throughout their time at OSU-Cascades. The Coordinator utilizes a coaching model to assist students with persistence, retention and achievement goals for DAS and the institution. DAS supports students with documented disabilities by providing reasonable and appropriate accommodations as required by Federal and State laws. DAS promotes the development of student self-advocacy skills while maintaining fundamental academic and technical standards. DAS focuses on a social justice and universal design model of inclusion when working with the university and students with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Education, Social Work, Human Development or other related field.
- Two years of professional level experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Minimum one year experience with college or university academic advising.
- Competency and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures and a demonstrable commitment to diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through written communication and verbally in front of groups and to provide workshops, trainings and outreach programs.
- Intermediate proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, presentation tools and webpage updates.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months. Offers of employment are contingent upon meeting all minimum qualifications including the Criminal History Check Requirement.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
OSU is an AA/EOE/Vets/Disabled