Nursing Lab Manager
Mount Mary University is seeking an individual to join our community and contribute to the realization of our Mission through the role of a Nursing Lab Manager. We are a community who value relationships with our students and colleagues. We are committed to a compassionate and effective education for our students. The Nursing Lab Manager works in collaboration with faculty and staff and leads the management, coordination, oversight, operations, and maintenance of the Interprofessional Simulation, Nursing Skills Lab, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training lab for the health sciences programs. This position promotes a learning atmosphere in the labs, maximizes the operation of the labs, develops and maintains skills to operate human simulators and provides training and advice to faculty and students as indicated. Expectation to participate in/lead other activities as assigned.
- Facilitate all operations of the Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab.
- Collaborate and work with instructional and department staff on the development of lab activities, needs, and equipment; organize and schedule labs accordingly.
- Prepare equipment and supplies, chart paperwork, design, set up and coordinate activities for instructor lab courses, student practice sessions and interprofessional simulation sessions.
- Assist students in the practice and reinforcement of technical skills in the Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab.
- Assist faculty in viewing students' demonstration and application of skills.
- Collaborate with instructors and vendors to maintain and update the Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab.
- Research, recommend, order, store, control and prepare appropriate supplies and equipment; work in conjunction with the Chief Nurse Administrator on the development of the budget for supplies and capital equipment needs.
- Provide basic troubleshooting and repair of all equipment; schedule regular maintenance and repair services with minimal disruption to instructors and students.
- Provide orientation and continuing education for staff and clinical faculty relative to Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab activities.
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment, comply with University health and safety policies, practice, and programs in keeping with occupational health and safety legislation and regulation.
- Keep current in the occupational field including new developments in practices, techniques, equipment and regulations by reading journals, attending conferences, workshops and in services, visiting hospitals, working in the field, and/or other activities.
- Hire, train, and assign student worker staff to coordinate coverage in the Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab.
- Provide tours for potential students and other special interest groups in the Nursing Skills Lab, Interprofessional Simulation Center, and CPR training lab.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of established professional codes of ethics and best practices for baccalaureate nursing education.
- Demonstrate commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence; experience working with underrepresented students and students from at-risk backgrounds.
- Contribute to curriculum and program review.
- Manifest a commitment to the mission of Mount Mary University by being responsive to the needs of diverse learners
- Participate in program recruitment and marketing.
- Serve on Nursing and University committees.
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in Nursing Skills Lab or Interprofessional Simulation Center management
- Previous experience teaching a diverse study body is desired
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required, MSN preferred
- Current, unencumbered Wisconsin nursing license is required
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Can be scheduled for up to 40 hours a week
- On MMU campus
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.