Director of Campus Ministry
The Director of Campus Ministry is responsible for organizing a program of religious and spiritual outreach to the Mount Mary community. The Director acts in accordance with the values and mission of the University while displaying an appreciation for Catholic higher education, an understanding of Catholic faith practices and traditions, and a commitment to inclusive practices for all faith backgrounds. The Director of Campus Ministry is also a member of the Student Affairs team and supports engagement efforts of other departments.
- Provide opportunities for the campus community to come together in an organized program of prayer, alternate spring break opportunities, and faith exploration activities
- Offer some resources for online participation
- Plan all-University liturgical and celebratory events, including the Mass of the Holy Spirit and Commencement Liturgy
- Maintain the chapel and interfaith prayer spaces
- Explore programming for graduate students
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate a student worker
- Serve on various campus committees, including the Founders Day committee and Mission Committee
- Maintain an annual budget, including student programming and Mass facilitation
- Perform other duties, responsibilities, or special projects as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Master's degree preferred; Bachelor's degree required, preferably in theology, philosophy, education, social work, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in campus ministry and college student development
- Demonstrated experience with best practices in young adult and adult ministry programming and leadership
- Understanding of and appreciation for faith development within higher education traditions; demonstrated commitment to promoting inclusiveness and cultural competence
- A commitment to enhance the Catholic and School Sisters of Notre Dame mission of the University
- Ability to facilitate student programming outside of regular office hours
- The Director needs to be a practicing Catholic with an appreciation for Catholic faith and ritual as well as sensitivity to the faith expressions of other denominations.
- To perform this job successfully, the Director must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform primary functions.
- May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must reach, bend, stoop, lift
- Must sit, walk, or stand
- Some repetitive motion may be required
- Varying workflow; sometimes stressful with high workload times of the year
- Complete work required within a limited space
- Complete work required within a limited time
This position works 39 hours per week for 40 weeks (August through May).
Mount Mary University encourages applications from all qualified candidates and is vitally committed to all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates and all will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, ethnicity, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, or any other groups protected by law. Mount Mary seeks to hire and retain personnel who will make a positive contribution to its mission, vision, and values.
For more information about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Mount Mary please visit http://www.mtmary.edu/about/diversity
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.