Associate Professor in Residence in Dept of Health, Society and Behavior in Program of Public Health
The Department of Health, Society, and Behavior at the University of California, Irvine Program in Public Health seeks an Associate Professor in Residence with research and teaching experience in health disparities and social determinants of health. Examples of expertise include community influences on mental health, program evaluation, behavioral interventions, or substance use prevention. The candidate should have experience in both qualitative and quantitative methods.
Duties will include:
- Conduct health disparities, social determinants, or health equity focused research funded by extramural sources
- Graduate and/or undergraduate course lecturing
- Research mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students
- Collaborative research projects
Preference will be given to candidates who have external funding in areas compatible with the current focus of the department. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the teaching and research programs of the department as well as perform departmental service consistent with their assignment. This is an Academic Senate position.
Requirements: 1) PhD in Public Health or related field; 2) current awarded extramural funding for research in areas of interest; 3) proven track record of teaching public health classes; 4) at least 5 years of professional research/teaching/academic experience since doctoral training.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. The Program in Public Health recognizes the value of diversity in its faculty and strongly supports UCI’s mission for equity and inclusiveness. We are committed to ensuring accountability, providing training and education, conducting responsive research and building sustainable partnerships. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants must have the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of colleagues and to teach and mentor a diverse student body.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Irvine
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Irvine
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Irvine
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Irvine
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Irvine