Provides project management, construction and budget oversight of Student Affairs’ multiple new facility and renovation projects. Responsibilities include supporting approximately 2.3 million feet of building space with a 9,000 resident student population. Develops project scope of work statements; establishes design milestones; monitors construction; manages drawings, records, and archives documents; and progress schedules in accordance with the Construction and Services Manual. Maintains documentation and works with records management to ensure all renovation/construction project documents are archived properly.
• Bachelor's degree in Building Construction, Engineering, Architecture, or related field.
• Project Management experience over construction and renovations.
• Experience with and knowledge of design processes, project management in facility design, renovation projects, and construction.
• Extensive knowledge of building codes, industry standards for design and construction processes, and ability to interpret blueprints and technical specifications.
• Knowledge of all trades for construction and renovation projects including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems.
• Experience with procurement, budget, and fiscal management.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and estimate project costs with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must be proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Outlook.
• Excellent managerial, communication, and organizational skills.
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Architectural Intern.
• Experience in public procurement and administrative processes.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, and BlueBeam.
• Higher education facilities experience.
• Experience with project management software including products, Primavera6, SharePoint and MS Office.
• Experience and knowledge of the State Construction and Profess Services Manual (Virginia).
About Student Affairs:
Student Affairs’ Aspirations for Student Learning serve as a framework for our roles as educators as we work alongside students to encapsulate their learning into a strengths-based discovery of their talent so they may: commit to unwavering curiosity ; pursue self-understanding and integrity ; practice civility ; prepare for a life of courageous leadership ; and ultimately , embrace Ut Prosim as a way of life . We operationalize these aspirations through ExperienceVT whereby we work alongside undergraduate, graduate and professional students to create a customized plan for their experience designed to accomplish their individual goals. We measure our success by the success of our students. To that end, we will do whatever it takes to support the individual well-being and success of every student at Virginia Tech.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact (insert name) at (insert email address) during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: May 20, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Architecture Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg