Associate Director, Finance & Administration
As part of Virginia Tech’s Outreach and International Affairs (OIA), the Center for International Research, Education, and Development (CIRED) is a university-wide center. It supports the university’s international mission by identifying and pursuing partnerships and funding opportunities for Virginia Tech to become involved in research, teaching and development across the world. Working with colleges, institutes, departments, and other centers, CIRED identifies areas where the university has distinct expertise and comparative advantages and matches them to specific funding opportunities. The center also strengthens faculty and student capabilities for high-quality, multidisciplinary international engagement.
Located in Blacksburg, VA., primarily in-office, this position reports to the executive director of the Center for International Research, Education and Development at Virginia Tech, and provides general leadership and management for an array of complex business functions. These include departmental accounting and human resource management, departmental and grant personnel actions, training, setup and management of international LLC and projects, review of large and complex RFPs, cost proposal development and submission, oversight of contract and grant accounting, cost share tracking and documentation, preparation of monthly and ad hoc financial analysis and reporting for grants, contracts, and departments. International travel to project locations may be necessary.
- Master's degree in Business Management, Accounting, or related financial field or bachelor’s degree with significant experience.
- Proven track record and progressive responsibility for management and financial programs.
- Experience developing complex budgets for multi-partner programs.
- Familiarity with donor-funded projects and nonprofit institution accounting.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and assign work to financial team.
- Significant experience with supervision, management and oversight of Human Resources.
- High level of competence with spreadsheets, databases, data management and modern information technology.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity to the cultural norms of a wide variety of developed and developing countries.
- Experience with U.S. and international grants and contracts.
- Working knowledge of government and university business policies and procedures.
- Experience interpreting and applying USAID and other regulations applicable to grants and contracts.
up to $90,000, commensurate with experience
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Patricia Hughes at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: May 20, 2021
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Accounting & Finance Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg