Director of Institutional Research
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Institutional Research is responsible for guiding the collection and analysis of data on a wide range of institutional activities for internal and external constituents and producing required periodic reports and special studies. This will include ensuring timely reporting of institutional data, benchmarks, and other performance indicators necessary to meet reporting requirements by external entities and internal stakeholders and report data in annual university factbook. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, this position works closely with key senior administrators to leverage the Ellucian Colleague Reporting using Informer and related databases to support the internal and external reporting activities of the University. The Director will provide strategic and expert consultation to University personnel on data management and data analysis and interpretation and recommend changes to improve data quality and integrity. The annual salary is equivalent to $85,000.00 per year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To promote the mission and support institutional goals of Hodges University.
- To adhere to all FERPA requirements to include maintenance of all department documents, discussions, and records.
- To provide the highest level of professionalism and customer service to all constituents
- To assist the Senior Vice President by managing the administrative, reporting and technical responsibilities related to the institutional research and effectiveness functions of the Office of Institutional Research.
- Extract, manage, and maintain complex data sets from the institutional data systems, including the Ellucian Colleague student information system.
- Work collegially with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies to respond to monthly, annual, and ad hoc data requests.
- Collaborate with faculty members and administrative staff on the preparation and development of research grant opportunities.
- Ability to work independently as well as be part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience and prudence handling confidential information required.
- To accept and perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution with course work in Research and Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Educational Research, Psychology, or a related field. Doctorate preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in the areas of data analysis, reporting to external entities (e.g., State, Regional, Federal), strategic planning, and institutional research.
- Demonstrated understanding of relational databases and SQL, and experienced in programmable software (i.e., SPSS, SAS, Tableau, Power Bi, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel (i.e., pivot tables, formulas).
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen orientation to detail, deadline, as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to share research, best practices, and professional development knowledge with a variety of audiences.
About Hodges University
Live and work in paradise! Hodges University is located in sunny, Ft. Myers, Florida on the southwest Florida Gulf Coast. The region is home to over 1 million year-round residents who take advantage of entertainment Everglades or Art Shows on Fifth Avenue, Fine dining on cuisine from all over the world or fishing for your own fresh catch, world-class golfing or Warm Mineral Springs, the Ferry to Key West or the Edison/Ford Winter estates, and the REVS Institute for Automotive Research and Historical Study or the Rodeo in Arcadia. Our economy is among the more diversified in the state and our region continues to grow.
Hodges University is a dynamic, entrepreneurial institution of higher education that espouses the non-traditional, not just in the students, we serve but in the opportunities, we leverage. We offer workforce focused certificates and degrees in areas such as clinical healthcare, business, law, psychology, and information technology. We are the regions only federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HIS) and offer a robust English as a Second Language (ESL) program – on campus, online, and in satellite locations. All of our learning environments are TEC-enabled, which means, for the majority of classes, students can pick both how and when they go to class – in person, online, or virtual – each time the class meets!
If you would like to join our dedicated team of professionals focused on thinking critically and creatively to deliver educational programming and support designed to efficiently develop the workforce in Southwest Florida, applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to: http://hodges.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=129149
Hodges University is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected characteristics under the law in its hiring practices. All offers of employment are conditioned on the successful completion of a background check and in some cases, a drug test.
Hodges Annual Security Report (Clery Act Information and Policy) and Crime Stats can be found at: https://pathways.hodges.edu/consumer-information/. The security report describes Hodges Annual Security Plan and the Crime Stats report lists the number and types of crimes committed on or near campus each year.
To the extent, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is applicable to me, I hereby consent to the processing of my Personal Data as defined by the GDPR for the purposes outlined and provided for in Hodges’ policies, as amended from time to time. I understand that in certain circumstances, I have the right to object to the processing of my Personal Data. I further understand that I have the right to request (1) access to my Personal Data; (2) rectification of mistakes or errors and/or erasure of my Personal Data; (3) that Hodges restrict processing of my Personal Data; and (4) that Hodges provide my Personal Data upon request in a portable format.