Assistant Director of Development - Framingham State University
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Responsible for the planning and implementation of all annual giving activities and donor stewardship activities.
Phonathon Manager (Contractor), Student Workers
Director of Development
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall management of fundraising efforts for the Framingham State University Annual Fund, to include leadership giving, direct mail, electronic solicitations, social media, phonathon, reunion giving, employee giving, senior class giving and analytical assessment.
- Develop strategic plans from analytical analysis and current best practices to achieve annual increases in both dollars raised and donor participation.
- Develops strategy for direct mail appeals, and manages all aspects of production including copy and design, lists and coordination with vendors providing design, printing and mailing services.
- Through supervision of the Phonathon Supervisor, responsible for the success of the student phonathon program.
- Prepares written materials such as annual appeals, annual report, thank you letters and financial reports related to her/his area of responsibility.
- Develops, implements and manages a comprehensive donor stewardship program to ensure all donors to the University feel valued and appreciated.
- Working with gift officers, ensures all scholarship donors receive annual updates on the status of their endowed fund and the students receiving scholarships, and helps schedule meetings with student recipients upon donor request.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Primarily in an office setting with other co-workers. Occasionally will be required to work Departmental sponsored events.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience in development and/or alumni relations.
- Exceptional organizational skills including the demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills; creativity, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities; demonstrated planning, leadership, personal approachability, teamwork, organization skills; and the ability to motivate and work with students
- Proficiency with databases and spreadsheets and the ability to multitask multiple projects with required deadlines.
- Must have the ability to work with high level prospects, alumni, donors and friends
- Some night and weekend work required
- Knowledge of fundraising and alumni relations in higher education
- Experience with event management,
- Experience with Raiser's Edge
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the Association of Professional Administrators (APA) bargaining unit with a title of Assistant Director. The salary range is $55,000-58,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.