Computer Science Professor
The Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics (OSSM), located in Oklahoma City, is a state-funded, residential high school delivering college-level instruction to juniors and seniors who choose to focus their academics in STEM topics. More information about OSSM can be found at www.ossm.edu.
The Computer Science Professor is a full-time, salaried, 10-month faculty position with an anticipated start date of late July or August 2021. This position will have the opportunity to develop new courses to supplement existing curriculum. The option to teach remotely is not available.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curriculum, course content, and methods of instruction;
- Instruct in-person, college-level Computer Science courses on a rotating basis, including bu tnot limited to, Introduction to Computer Science, Object-Oriented Programming with Java, Data Structures, and Computer Networking;
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and supplemental instructional materials;
- Evaluate and grade student' assignments and exams in a timely manner;
- Maintain grades and other required records;
- Be available to students or their parents outside of regularly scheduled classes for questions or other types of assistance needed on coursework;
- Keep current on developments in the Computer Science field;
- Occasional evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Strong academic credentials with an advanced degree in computer science or a related field;
- Previous teaching experience in college-level courses as instructor of record;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as exemplified by a record of working well with faculty, staff, and students.
- Experience with mathematics and science education in a residential school environment.
Commensurate with credentials.
OSSM employees are state employees and therefore eligible for state benefits including a monthly allowance for medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. State employees accrue generous annual and sick leave, and are eligible for a retirement plan. Information about some of these benefits can be found at https://www.ebd.ok.gov/Benefits/Pages/default.aspx.
Qualified applicants are invited to send a cover letter, resume and curriculum vitae to the individual listed below. Candidates selected for the interview process may be asked to provide references, transcripts, and to give a short demonstration of instruction.
OSSM Human Resources
Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics
1141 North Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Oklahoma City