Wardenburg Health Services encourages applications for an on-call Pharmacy Technician ! This role supports the filling of prescriptions and works with Pharmacy Benefit Managers to ensure accurate billing and reimbursement. The Pharmacy Technician provides exceptional customer service to patients and support to pharmacists including purchasing, scheduling, and training for pharmacy students. The schedule for this position will vary but typical shifts will be 8 hours and fall between 8:30 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Wardenburg Health Services staff understand and are committed to the unique health concerns of our student population, making us an unparalleled source of advocacy for student wellness. The Medical Clinic provides a wide range of health care services for students including primary care for illnesses and injuries, as well as chronic conditions, physicals, sexually transmitted infection testing and treatment, allergy shots, vaccinations, travel health care, and concussion care.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Utilize pharmacy software system to enter data, bill prescriptions, and fill prescriptions efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws including having all prescriptions checked by a licensed pharmacist.
Insurance Claim Resolution
- Connect with Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) to resolve claim issues and accurately bill and adjudicate pharmacy claims in a timely manner.
Purchasing and Inventory
- Utilize pharmaceutical wholesaler order system to purchase medications for the pharmacy and track the cost of purchases to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Supervise the par levels (minimums and maximums) of retail items to maintain adequate supplies and maintain accurate inventory records of prescription drugs.
What You Should Know
This position will be expected to work variable hours, Monday through Friday only.
What We Can Offer
The salary range for this on-call position is $16.00 - $18.00 per hour.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Engaged. Be Impactful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Current, valid certification or provisional certification as a Pharmacy Technician from the Colorado State Board of Pharmacy.
- One year of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
What You Will Need
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Attention to detail, flexibility, and continual improvement. Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a team environment.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in a retail or community pharmacy.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by June 24, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu