Director of UMA Rockland Center
UMA transforms the lives of students of every age and background
across the State of Maine and beyond through access to high-quality
distance and on-site education, excellence in student support,
civic engagement, and professional and liberal arts
UMA is the third largest public university in Maine. In addition to its main campus in the state’s capital, UMA also serves students at its campus in Bangor (UMA Bangor) and through UMA Centers around the state. With its multiple locations and long-term expertise in online and distance learning, UMA is generally considered the university of choice for Mainers of all ages who want to attend college without uprooting their lives.
The University of Maine at Augusta is seeking applicants for the full-time position of Director of UMA Rockland Center. The Director is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing UMA activities, courses, and programs in the Center’s geographic area. The Director coordinates with all the UMS Campus officials, establishes and maintains effective public relations, and oversees all Center functions. The Director makes recommendations to appropriate management as needed. The Director is responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere that encourages student participation in all UMS programs. A key element of the position is creating close relationships with members of the surrounding communities. The complete job description can be accessed here.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, evenings and weekends as necessary.
Salary: A typical salary for this position is in the mid-to-high 60s and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University offers an excellent fringe-benefits package.
- Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Three to five years of relevant professional experience, including at least two years of staff supervision
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent supervisory skills, including team-building among staff
- Ability to manage a large, leased facility
- Marketing skills in conjunction with central staff
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of learning methodologies, including those best for non-traditional students
- Knowledge of the higher education environment, especially student services
- Ability to network with local schools, businesses, and agencies
- Prior budgetary management experiences
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Knowledge of best practices in distance education
- Familiarity with emerging online technologies for collaborating and learning
- Three years of distance education experience as a faculty or staff resource
Applicants must complete an online application and submit a
cover letter and resume at https://uma.hiretouch.com/. Materials
must be submitted via "Apply for Position." You will need to
create an applicant profile, complete an application, upload a
cover letter which fully describes your qualifications and
experiences with specific reference to the required and preferred
qualifications, a resume/curriculum vitae and contact information
for three professional references. You will also need to
complete the affirmative action survey, the self-identification of
disability form, and the self-identification of veteran status
Review of applications will begin immediately>/u>. Materials received after June 6, 2021 will be considered at the discretion of the university. We are not able to consider applicants who require Visa sponsorship support.
The successful applicant is subject to appropriate background screening.
The University of Maine at Augusta is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following office has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754 or at 207.581.1226.