Marketing Communications Specialist
The Marketing Communications Specialist plans, researches, and writes engaging copy for various university marketing initiatives, including websites, email outreach, social media channels, literature, and external advertising. The Marketing Communications Specialist will also oversee content on the university website, manage workflow for the marketing department, deliver timely reports on campaign performance, and assist in various marketing initiatives as needed.
- Perform interviews with students, alumni, faculty, staff, and administrators to support marketing initiatives;
- Assist with cultivation and execution of targeted student recruitment marketing plans;
- Coordinates with faculty and enrollment marketing team to create and update undergraduate academic program information and convert content for website integration;
- Plays lead role in managing and updating university websites, utilizing content management tool and CMS integration software;
- Formulates marketing copy for social media, website, and additional marketing assets to enhance the profile of the university
- Analyzes and provides reporting on content performance from customer relationship management system (e.g., Slate), and website metrics (e.g., Google Analytics);
- Develops short- and long-term promotion strategies;
- Manages marketing projects designed to increase enrollment for the university’s pillar programs;
- Coordinates assignment tasks in the department’s project management software (e.g., Basecamp)
- Tasks may include basic photography, videography, and editing, as needed;
- Maintains confidentiality of information (included but not limited to: student and employee personal information, student grades, etc.), both during and after their employment with the university. Any question regarding the confidentiality of material should be referred to the supervisor. Any violation shall subject the employee to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, English, or related field
- Exceptional skills in communications, marketing, and interpersonal relations
- Meaningful experience with content management systems and updating web content
- Ability to develop and implement strategic communications and research-based marketing plans
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with basic SEO best practices and keyword research
- Proven ability to write engaging content for a variety of audiences in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem-solving, and change management skills
- Demonstrate a professional and positive approach, self-motivated, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiatives
- Passion for accuracy, detail, and AP style
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Understand how to create content for targeted audiences and evaluate its performance
- Extensive knowledge of social media and emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, marketing, English, or a related field is required. A master’s degree and/or professional certification in marketing or public relations is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in marketing and/or communications in one or more of the following settings: education, not-for-profit, government, business, and/or industry, is required.
- A valid New York State driver’s license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Communications Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Other Communications Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University
- Public Relations & Advertising Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Niagara University