Assistant Dean of Communications, Strategy, Inclusivity and Community Engagement
The College of Nursing at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking an Assistant Dean of Communications, Strategy, Inclusivity and Community Engagement, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
Communications and Strategy Component
- Leads the development and implementation of the College of Nursing (CON) communication plans and activities in collaboration with the administrative leadership team.
- Ensures that key leadership communications (especially presentations and messages from the CON Dean) and initiatives are conceived, planned, prepared and executed.
- Leads development, refinement, and assists with the implementation of CON’s strategic plan and strategic planning process, in collaboration with the CON’s leadership teams, faculty and staff, University executive leadership team and any consultants or external partners while also communicating the plan’s value, mission, and impact to the University and the broader community.
- Represents the CON in meetings with University communication leadership.
- Works as a strategic partner with the CON Dean, providing support on communications, as well as campus and donor relations (while working in collaboration with CON’s Development Officer.)
- Directs all major communications initiatives for CON including the development, design, execution, and distribution of marketing, print, promotional materials, announcements, social media pages/blasts, interviews, newsletters, magazines, videos, photos, visual presentations, special events, and all other ad hoc special projects as assigned. This includes authorizing and monitoring of any new and existing platforms/pages developed by other units and students within the college, in compliance with FAU and College branding and University mandated best practices.
- Manages the marketing for the college including ad development and placement, direct mailing (electronic and print) lists, the Dean’s report for U.S. News and World Report, marketing events, development of a marketing strategy for the clinical practice and community engagement including the coordination of survey research.
- Ensures compliance with FAU standards and branding by monitoring usage of all FAU and CON-specific logos for any printed, promotional, marketing, and communications materials, or other college developed materials, while keeping abreast of policy changes within FAU/Division of Public Affairs.
- Works with the CON Executive Director of IT and IT department to keep website content updated.
- Develops and updates CON leadership and key research faculty biographies.
- Serves as proof-reader and editor for all marketing and communications projects.
- Oversees marketing area budgets, any marketing related vendor workflow processes, obtains University design/Public Affairs/Creative Services sign-off authorizations on ads etc, assures pricing for all marketing/communication strategic projects is fair, accurate and within state guidelines, and also reconciles marketing/communication activity expenses regularly while working in direct collaboration with the CON Assistant Dean for Finance.
- Ensures that key leadership communications (especially presentations and messages from the CON Dean) and initiatives are conceived, planned, prepared, and executed.
- Assists with internal communications, as requested by the CON Dean's Office.
- Handles confidential projects and information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Counsels CON faculty and staff of effective use of communications.
Inclusivity and Community Engagement Component
- Develops, manages, engages, and supports diversity and inclusion strategies while working alongside the College's inclusivity, diversity and equity taskforce and directly collaborating with College leadership to create, implement and monitor programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all constituents/stakeholders and bolster diversity and creating a welcoming and inclusive within the organization.
- Provides strategic direction for training initiatives on cultural competency, gender differences, disability, sexual harassment, building a climate of equity and inclusion, and other topics designed to increase awareness and support of equity and inclusion values, and maintaining compliance with applicable laws in collaboration with College stakeholders.
- Serves as the College’s primary representative to community agencies and partners interested in or engaged in research and/or outreach involving College resources (faculty, staff, students, or infrastructure).
- Serves as a primary resource for CON faculty seeking to develop strategic initiatives and respond to emerging public engagement opportunities while cultivating those external community partner relationships.
- Teaches at least one course per semester, as appropriate.
- Serves on college and university committees, as appropriate.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution in communications, marketing, or public relations and five years of appropriate experience required by time of application.
Must have excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated administrative and managerial skills, and experience in supervision
Experience planning, implementing, and sustaining comprehensive community outreach programs preferred.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position (Assistant Dean of Communications, Strategy, Inclusivity, and Community Engagement) on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required online employment application and submitting the related documents. When completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and copies of official transcripts scanned into an electronic format.
A background check will be required for the candidate selected for this position. This position is subject to funding.
For more information and to apply, visit www.fau.edu/jobs and go to Apply Now (REQ10289).
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action/equal access institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or other protected status. Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711.
FAU is committed to the principles of engaged teaching, research and service. All persons aspiring to achieve excellence in the practice of these principles are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton
- Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boca Raton