McNair Scholars Program Coordinator
McNair Scholars Program Coordinator
College of Science and Health
Description of College / Department / Program / Division / Unit
The mission of the College of Science and Health is to provide an outstanding education in the diverse disciplines of science, health, and mathematics. The College is dedicated to student learning where enthusiastic faculty and staff intellectually challenge students in a supportive and professional environment. Fundamental to our mission is the belief in the value of education in the liberal arts and sciences and the creation of new knowledge. The College offers an outstanding academic and cultural environment for the university community and beyond.
As the only full-time employee in the office, the Program Coordinator provides essential services to students, and critical support to other staff members. The Coordinator is responsible for smooth operation of program activities and carrying out the mission of the program on a day-to-day basis. This includes frequent written and verbal communication with students, faculty & staff, and community members, as well as coordination of data collection for federal grant objectives.
• Research-based master’s degree
• 2+ years of experience in college or university student services setting
• Demonstrated experience with target population of students
• Strong oral & written communication skills
• TRIO experience
• Event & travel planning experience
No extraordinary physical demands beyond those expected in routine office work.
Working conditions and environment
Occasional night and/or weekend hours, as dictated by programming. Some regional travel may be required to assist students with graduate school exploration and conference attendance.
The Program Coordinator is encouraged to get involved with Multicultural Student Organizations (or other student groups) and/or campus committees as their schedule permits.
Your benefits add an additional 40%+ to the overall financial package from the university.
• 22 days of vacation for 12-month positions (that are non-instructional)
• excellent flexible health insurance with low co-pays and good coverage.
• paid holidays and sick days.
• sick leave may be converted at retirement to pay for health insurance post-work at UWL .
• after 5 years of employment, you become vested in our retirement system which ensures income post-career.
• benefits at UWL are highly competitive with local industry and some of the strongest in state and nation.
Learn more at: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/fasl20.pdf
Benefit eligibility is determined at point of hire. This information is provided for illustrative purposes only. Benefits are also pro-rated based on the appointment percentage.
The University of Wisconsin System and the University of Wisconsin–Madison are engaged in a redesign of job title and compensation structures. The Title and Total Compensation Project will result in relevant and market-informed titles to help us keep and grow our outstanding workforce. If you are the successful candidate, your title is subject to change in November 2021. For more information, visit: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/
These are the job duties required for the position.
Posting Detail Information
Continuous Recruitment First Review Date
Position Contact Name
Position Contact Email
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Contact Information
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the
identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing,
except that the identities of finalists must be revealed upon
request. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
- I wish for my name to remain confidential until the university is no longer able to do so.
- I waive my right to keep my name confidential through the application process.
- Will you now or in the future require visa sponsorship for
employment at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse? (UW-L and UW
System institutions pay for some or all of the sponsorship costs.
Some candidates may require an H1B or another form of employment
sponsorship to work in the US. This question is asked so that if
you are the successful candidate, Human Resources can work with
your work unit to begin the process of obtaining this visa).
- Yes, I will require sponsorship prior to employment.
- Yes, I will require sponsorship for continued employment if hired.
- No, I do not require sponsorship and am eligible to work in the US.
- Please provide your most recent employer, supervisor name and
contact information, including phone number and email address.
(Pursuant to UW System Administrative Policy 1275, UW System
requires reference checks related to sexual harassment and sexual
violence to be conducted at a minimum with a final candidate’s most
recent employer and with all previous UW System institution and
State of Wisconsin agency employers from the past seven years. UW-L
will notify you prior to contacting your supervisor).
(Open Ended Question)
- Are you currently employed by or have you been employed by a UW
System institution or a State of Wisconsin agency during the last
seven (7) years? Please answer yes or no. If yes, provide the
institution or agency name, your supervisor and contact
information, including phone number and email address.
- After you retire from a Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
employer, you may return to work with a WRS employer as a rehired
annuitant, provided certain requirements are met. There are no
restrictions on what type of position a rehired annuitant can hold.
Under the WRS, there is no limit to how much you may earn as a
rehired annuitant. (Learn more:
Are you currently collecting an annuity from the Wisconsin
Retirement System, (WRS)?
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education Web Site
- Discipline-Specific Publication/Web Site
- HERC Web Site
- HigherEdJobs.com Web Site
- Job Center of Wisconsin Web Site
- Minority Publication/Web Site
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Social Media (i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse Web Site
- La Crosse Tribune
- Personal Referral
- Are you an alum of the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse?
- Were you ever found to have engaged in any sexual violence or
sexual harassment in a previous work assignment? (Required under UW
System Administrative Policy 1275)
- Are you currently under investigation or have ever left
employment during an active investigation in which you were accused
of sexual violence or sexual harassment? (Required under UW System
Administrative Policy 1275)
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in La Crosse