University Code 34055 University Title Senior Lab/Research Technician 2 University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Research Associate Position Number 592580 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Medicinal Chemistry Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
VCU School of Pharmacy’s, Department of Medicinal Chemistry invites you to apply for our Research Associate position. This position will provide support for several ongoing research programs in the area of neuroscience. This position will be responsible for the development of chemical probes targeting at GPCR dimerization/oligomerization, new chemical entities for treatment of drug abuse/addiction, and opioid-associated peripheral side effects.
Minimum Hiring Standards
-The School of Pharmacy supports a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment. The candidate is required to show demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment.
-Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry or a closely related discipline.
-Minimum of three years of postdoctoral training experience.
-Solid record of publication and presentation demonstrating expertise in the area of neuroscience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and scientific creativity.
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience with mentoring undergraduate and graduate level students in Medicinal Chemistry or a related discipline.
-Demonstrated experience with proposal submissions to obtain external funding.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $47,500 - $50,400 Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 hours/weekly Normal Work Days/Hours Mon - Fri/8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Open Date 05/20/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? Yes Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106140 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Ph.D. in medicinal chemistry or a closely
related discipline ?
- * Please describe your research experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond