Adjunct Instructor – Computer Information Systems (CIS)
Reports To and Evaluated by
Associate Dean of Adult and Career Technical Education
Associate degree. Work experience and related training. CompTIA
Net+ or Microsoft Server Certification and 2-year computer
networking work experience. Teaching or training experience.
Must be able to demonstrate the Morton College core values of
compassion, fairness, respect, responsibility, tolerance and
Master’s degree in the discipline, or Master’s degree plus 18
credit hours in the discipline, and appropriate professional
certification and 3 years of community college or university
The adjunct instructor will teach an introduction to computer
networking course to a diverse student population. This course is
currently offered on Saturday afternoon. The responsibilities and
duties of the instructor may change as the needs of the college
Specific Job Duties
• Utilize departmental syllabus template, approved textbooks, and
supplemental course materials.
• Submit personalized course syllabus to Deans’ Office in
electronic format one (1) week prior to course start date.
• Distribute and review comprehensive course syllabus to students
no later than the first week of the course.
• Receive, understand, and follow Course Data Form as distributed
by Deans’ Office.
• Adhere to printed course schedule meeting times and
• Obtain prior approval for any substitute teachers or guest
speakers from Deans’ Office.
• Maintain grade book in electronic or hard copy format.
• Take and record student Attendance each day.
• Submit accurate and certified Tenth (10th) Day Attendance
Verification and Mid-Semester Class Roster or other report to
• Give final exam at the time and date indicated on the college’s
Final Exam Schedule.
• Respond to e-mails from students, staff, and college
administrators in a timely manner while classes are in session
using assigned college designated e-mail.
• Check assigned college mailbox regularly.
• Attend campus-wide and department professional development and /
• Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Desired Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
- Morton 'careers' website
- Internal posting
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed jobs
- newspaper/trade journal
- * What is the highest degree completed?
- H.S. Diploma
- Cover Letter
- Letters of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evaluations (for Faculty)
- Specialized Certifications