Asst Dir, Ctr for Student Act
The Assistant Director for Programs in the Center for Student Activities is responsible for the coordination of the MSU Performing Arts Lyceum Series, Dawg Days (Welcome Week) and Dawgs After Dark (late night, weekend) programming, as well as advising Music Maker Productions (student concert board). The Assistant Director for Programs will also assist with the Assessment and Marketing plan for the Center for Student Activities, Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, and the Colvard Student Union, and advising of the Programming Boards of the Center for Student Activities including the Student Association (student government) and New Maroon Camp (extended orientation).
Salary Grade : 14
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following examples are intended as illustrations only of the various types of duties assigned in positions allocated to this classification. The absence of specific statements of duties does not exclude those tasks from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment of the position.
- Coordinate the MSU Performing Arts Lyceum Series including brochure design, ticketing operations, advertising, and artist relations for day of shows.
- Oversee the marketing and event preparation for Dawg Days and facilitate programming for Dawgs After Dark including communication, marketing, contracting vendors, and execution of events.
- Supervise Music Maker Productions in their selection of concerts, securing venues, contracts, ticketing operations, advertising, and artist relations for day of shows.
- Supervise full-time Administrative Assistant and a Graduate Assistant that will assist this area.
- Assist in coordinating the marketing plans to promote the Center for Student Activities and Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life events and accomplishments through promotional and publicity efforts, website information, social media, and print media.
- Assist in the supporting functions of all student organizations through the Cowbell Connect and day to day traffic.
- Conduct assessment tools to determine student needs and interests and assess learning outcomes of programs presented by Center for Student Activities and Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life.
- Attend all Center for Student Activities-sponsored programs and meetings.
- Travel with student delegates to workshops and programs sponsored by professional associations and/or other institutions.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Masters Degree and 1-3 years experience
Masters Degree and 3-5 years post graduate experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Marketing, advertising/publicity, student advising, event planning and concert promotions.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Night and weekend work are expected.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
All applicants must complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University