Director of Development, Barry University School of Law
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law (located in Orlando, Florida) seeks a Director of Development. Barry Law is the only Dominican Law School in the United States and the first American Law School to be part of a university founded by religious women. The School of Law endeavors to offer a quality legal education in a caring environment with a religious dimension so that study and reflection lead to informed action, and a commitment to social justice leads to collaborative service.
The Director is responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major and leadership gift prospects, defined as individuals capable of contributing $25,000 or more. The Director is also responsible for planned and deferred giving and is responsible for overseeing all fundraising activities at the School of Law.
In pursuit of the annual gift expectation, established by the Dean of the School of Law collaboratively with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement & External Affairs, the Director will devise and implement the School of Law’s plan for cultivating and soliciting major gifts; create a comprehensive annual operating plan for fundraising; and identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors and/or prospects for the acquisition of gifts.
The Director, in collaboration with the Dean, will recruit and develop members for the Board of Advisors and manage, evaluate and direct all fundraising activities for the School of Law with the appropriate engagement of the Dean and members of the Board of Advisors.
By interacting with donors/prospects knowledgeably, persuasively and sensitively, will identify and facilitate opportunities for the School of Law, advising the Dean about community and fundraising engagements that will elevate the School of Law’s profile and increase its fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration is required.
- Doctoral or Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration is preferred.
- Five to eight years of experience with fundraising, volunteer management and alumni relations in higher education is required.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive credential, preferred.
- Experience with the legal profession or with law schools is preferred.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of capital campaigns.
- Knowledge of the tax guidelines governing charitable giving.
- Knowledge of the development and structure of gift proposals and agreements.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills to interact effectively with volunteers, prospects, senior campus officials and significant community figures.
- Ability to prepare and organize comprehensive project reports.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple assignments according to project deadlines.
Applications may only be submitted via our candidate portal:
Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park