Director of Community Outreach and Advancement, Barry University School of Law
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law (located in Orlando, Florida) seeks a Director of Community Outreach and Advancement. Barry Law is the only Dominican Law School in the United States and the first American Law School to be part of a university founded by religious women. The School of Law endeavors to offer a quality legal education in a caring environment with a religious dimension so that study and reflection lead to informed action, and a commitment to social justice leads to collaborative service.
The Director plays a vital role in supporting the mission and growth of the Barry Law network through engaging with community members in order to establish a relationship with – and motivate – prospective strategic partners to join or align with our community.
This position requires an established presence in the Orlando local community, entrepreneurial and outgoing personality, great communication skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and communicate efficiently and effectively with a variety of different audiences (including school staff, and community partners).
Working directly with the Dean and the Director of Development, the Director will align relationship building and outreach efforts with the Law School’s strategic priorities. Specifically, develop and cultivate relationships with local entities including, but not exclusively: Orlando Regional Chamber of Commerce; Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando; various Bar Associations (Florida Bar as well as local); regional health service providers (hospitals, foundations); local and national non –profits (United Way, Make-A-Wish, etc.).
Through visits, phone calls, emails and social media interactions, cultivates the relationships with community partners in garnering support and sponsorships for the Law School. In addition, catalogue and coordinate all sponsorships already provided to Barry Law.
Assists the Marketing and Public Relations Director in discovering public relations opportunities and in promoting Barry Law students, faculty, programs, and activities to corporate, alumni and community partners.
Ensures presence of Barry Law at local community events on a weekly basis. Works with Events Director to identify opportunities for alumni / community engagement in campus and community events and building pipelines for engagement of new alumni and community partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or related field is required. Any equivalent combination of experience with event planning, volunteer management, alumni relations and/or fundraising that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may substitute for some of the education.
- JD is preferred.
- Three to five years of work-related experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent skills and experience with complex events.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and focus on positive outcome of events in adverse situations.
- Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Applications may only be submitted via our candidate portal:
Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Development & Advancement Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Azalea Park