Standardized Patient (Special Procedures)
Number of Vacancies:
School of Medicine / Education and Academic
Scope of Job:
In a clinical setting, interacting with students in the health care
field during simulated patient encounters that are designed to
enable experiential learning and/or assessment of students'
Description of Duties:
• Must be willing to participate in Breast, GYN, Prostate/Male
genital or rectal examinations.
• Accurately remembers encounters with students for the purpose of
scoring student behaviors.
• Participates in group training and/or mentorship of entry-level
• Maintains confidentiality of information related to cases,
student behaviors and feedback evaluations.
• Provides educationally constructive verbal feedback within a
structured format, as appropriate to the position.
• Works varied hours on an on-call basis, as needed.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from assigned supervisor.
• Flexible scheduling.
• Ability to work flexible hours on a scheduled on-call
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of case and student
• Ability to understand and follow directions and incorporate
• Ability to recall and accurately score student behaviors.
• Must be comfortable with discussing and demonstrating her/his own
anatomy with others.
Use of standard office equipment.
• Must be able to: move all extremities without difficulty, step up
and down from an exam table, and quickly change from a gown to
• Work is performed in an interior medical/clinical
The Standardized Patient is interviewed and examined by learners as
though they were that person in the doctor’s office, clinic, or
emergency department, giving that patient’s history, and simulating
their physical signs, such as pain or difficulty waking. No
invasive examinations are performed; no medications are given; no
sharps are used. Some disrobing may be required.
Commensurate with Experience
Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date:
Grant Funded Position:
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to
promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all
individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex,
age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In
accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights
act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is
committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures
non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities,
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any
confidential information from the documents you attach with your
application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to
submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding
your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at
for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is
subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background
check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval
from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26816