Adjunct Faculty - Reference and Instruction Librarian
Job Summary: This position works in cooperation with the Associate Provost, department chair, faculty, and staff to provide information literacy instruction, research services, and public service functions for the College. The schedule varies depending on the overall workload within the academic year, and will include some evening and weekend shifts.
This position will be located at the Gettysburg and/or Harrisburg Campus.
Master’s in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited institution.
Licensing Requirements: Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
The Equipment You'll Need:
It is HACC’s expectation that candidates selected for this role will provide their own technology equipment while working remotely.
• Your own computer (Windows, Linux, or Macintosh desktop or laptop) with current web browser installed (Firefox, Edge, Safari, Chrome) https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/the-latest-version/
• Access to broadband internet connection at all times during employment (DSL, 4G/LTE, FIOS, Satellite, or Cable/Xfinity/Comcast https://www.speedtest.net/
• Equipment/technology which enables you to communicate synchronously during meetings and other events, such as USB Headset, speaker and microphone, captioning services, adaptive technology, assistive devices, etc.
If you are not able to meet the equipment requirements listed above and are selected for the role, you can request a special accommodation. Our ability to grant your request will be based on documented need and inventory availability.
Current adjunct hourly rate: $32.19 or $33.37(determined by professional & educational background)
- Experience with group instruction or giving presentations.
- Experience or training in research and reference assistance.
- Professional or paraprofessional experience working in a library.
- Experience with instructional technologies and learning management systems.
- Experience in library instruction in an academic library.
Job Specific Task List:
- Teaches information literacy in a variety of modalities, which includes assessment, collaborating with faculty, creating lesson plans, and developing instruction materials - (Essential)
- Provides research assistance in-person and online. - (Essential)
- Collection development, which includes working with faculty and staff, conducting assessments, and selecting/weeding materials. - (Essential)
- Works collaboratively as a member of a team. - (Essential)
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. - (Essential)
- Work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body. - (Essential)
- Other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
If part time, hours per week: Varies
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: May 19, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gettysburg
- Library & Information Sciences Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gettysburg