Coordinator, LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Coordinator, LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives Department Student Affairs Compensation Title Coordinator, LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives Position Number 30016527 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Some evening and weekend hours may be necessary.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Director of LGBTQA+ Student Initiatives, the individual selected for this position will assist in the implementation of academic, social, cultural, leadership, and professional development programs and activities in support of the department, Division of Student Affairs and University missions.
1. Plan, facilitate, and promote educational, social, inclusive, and cultural programs
Related to LGBTQA+ students.
2. Provide guidance and support to the many formal and informal LGBTQA+ campus
groups and recognized student organizations.
3. Provide one-to-one advising and refer students to appropriate resources both on and off campus.
4. Develop and facilitate LGBTQA+ support and discussion groups when appropriate and
5. Assist in the planning and implementation of LGBTQA+ competency trainings for student organizations.
6. Conduct presentations and campus trainings for faculty and staff departments and student organizations.
7. Coordinate with African American Student Initiatives and Latino Student Initiatives and Services for intersectional Center for Student Inclusiveness programming.
8. Accept and perform other duties as assigned by the director.
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 3 years’ of related work experience required.
•Previous experience working with LGBTQ student populations
•High level of interpersonal skills
•Ability to be resourceful, analyze problems, and propose problem solving solutions
•Must be a team player
•Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
•Outstanding oral and written skills
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 3 years Salary tbd Pay Grade S67
Requisition Number 2021S1356 Job Open Date 05/18/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10286 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What related experience in your background would make you a
good candidate for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Activities & Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport