Coordinator, Center for Student Inclusiveness
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Coordinator, Center for Student Inclusiveness Department Student Affairs Compensation Title Coordinator - Center for Student Inclusiveness Position Number 30024804 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University ( NKU ) seeks excellence by enriching its educational environment and culture through the diversity of its administration, faculty and staff and by embracing inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of its work. NKU is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We encourage applications by members of diverse groups and by persons with a demonstrated commitment to issues of diversity and experience in achieving goals relative to inclusive excellence.
Purpose of Position
The Coordinator for the Center for Student Inclusiveness will provide a variety of functions to support the management and operation of the Center for Student Inclusiveness, supporting the directors of the Offices of African American Student Initiatives ( AASI ), Latino Student Initiatives ( LSI ), and LGBTQ Student Initiatives ( LGBTQ SI).
1. Serve as the frontline person for the Center for Student Inclusiveness, opening the Center at 8:15am and closing at 4:30pm
2. Provide administrative support for the directors of AASI, LSI, and LGBTQ SI.
3. Responsible for SAP functions and transactions required for the Center for Student Inclusiveness, including monitoring and reconciling 3 budgets and expenditure accounts
4. Manage human resource administration duties for the Center for Student Inclusiveness, including signing student staff timesheets, obtaining appropriate approvals, and submitting to payroll office.
5. Reconcile procurement card accounts for the Center for Student Inclusiveness
6. Work with directors of AASI, LSI, and LGBTQ SI to develop, maintain, and modify databases and process programming contracts.
7. Schedule and attend weekly staff meetings with the directors of AASI, LSI, and LGBTQ SI.
8. Assist with coordinating CSI training schedules and certificates.
9. Assist in scheduling rooms for student meetings.
10. Responsible for travel arrangements, obtaining travel approvals, tracking travel expenses, and preparing reimbursement requests for the CSI directors.
11. Track student progress, trends in student services, evaluation activities, services and programs to ensure activities are current and relevant and meet student needs
12. Act as a resource for questions regarding information about AASI, LSI, and LGBTQ SI and student concerns.
13. Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Center for Student Inclusiveness.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Bilingual/Spanish speaking desired
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products as well as social media platforms
• High level of interpersonal, oral, and written skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• High standard of professionalism
• Ability to function well and contribute to a dynamic and fast-paced environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Must be a team player who is able to support African American, Latino, and LGBTQ+ student organization leaders
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to undergo a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience Less than 1 year Salary tbd Pay Grade S67
Requisition Number 2021S1355 Job Open Date 05/19/2021 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link https://jobs.nku.edu/postings/10265 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- What related experience in your background would make you a
good candidate for this position?
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Chief Student Affairs Officers & Vice Presidents Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport