Assistant/Associate Professor - Division of Occupational Therapy
CLINICAL FACULTY - ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
DIVISION OF OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
The West Virginia University Division of Occupational Therapy is seeking a full-time, non-tenure track, (12-month) faculty member to contribute to a well-established program with a tradition of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank. The candidate will contribute to the mission of WVU and the Occupational Therapy Program housed within the School of Medicine. Central to this position is the provision of outpatient occupational therapy services in our established interdisciplinary Faculty Practice Clinic.
The Division includes an established entry-level MOT Program, a developing entry-level OTD Program with candidacy status starting a full cohort of 20 students in May 2021, and an interdisciplinary faculty practice clinic. The successful candidate will have opportunities to participate in these programs, as well as various other funded and non-funded community initiatives.
Responsibilities: Provision of occupational therapy outpatient services, student classroom instruction, and lab support in collaboration with other faculty (including mentorship and coordination of student research projects). Scholarship in the faculty member’s area of expertise, supportive of the Division’s Vision and Mission, is required. In addition, service to the institution and profession is expected.
West Virginia University is a land grant Carnegie-designated Doctoral Research/Extensive institution, with approximately 32,500 students, including 27,000 undergraduate and 5,500 graduate/professional students. The WVU Health Sciences Center includes the Schools of Pharmacy, Medicine, Dentistry, Public Health and Nursing. Patient care facilities include a 575-bed teaching hospital, a Level I trauma center, and a 70-bed psychiatric hospital. Morgantown is within easy traveling distance of Washington, DC, to the east, Pittsburgh, PA, to the north, and Cleveland and Columbus, OH, to the northwest. Morgantown has 55,000 residents and is rated as one of the best small towns in the U.S., with affordable housing, excellent schools, a picturesque countryside and many outdoor activities.
• Graduate from an ACOTE accredited occupational therapy program
• At least two years of teaching students (including clinical teaching, occupational therapy fieldwork education, and college level guest lecturing)
• At least three years of Occupational Therapy practice experience
• Eligibility for an Occupational Therapist license in West Virginia
All qualifications must be met by the time of the appointment.
• Advanced certification in area of practice relevant to the provision of outpatient occupational therapy services
• Experience in areas of clinical practice related to neurological rehabilitation
• Post-professional doctoral degree completed or in progress
Salary and rank will be commensurate with clinical and academic experience in accordance with WVU School of Medicine Professional Programs Promotion and Tenure criteria.
First consideration will be given to applications received by June 15, 2021 . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The appointment date is negotiable, but the goal is to have the position filled no later than fall semester 2021.
Applicants should apply at: https://wvu.taleo.net/careersection/faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=16938 with a cover letter of interest, current CV, and contact information, including e-mail addresses, for three professional references.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown