Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Online Adjunct Professor | Sport Management
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Liberty University is seeking exceptional online adjunct faculty to
teach and prepare students for the critical thinking needed to
launch a career or obtain a promotion in Sport Management. Work
with us and be part of preparing students to successfully lead with
integrity and equip them for careers in recreation, tourism and
Classes are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels. For
every level of degree program, there are a wide variety of courses
that may fit your academic and professional experiences. Sport
management programs include classes in Communication and Public
Relations, Finance, Law, Facilities and Events, Marketing,, Sport
Venue Management, Conference and Event Management.
Classes are offered in an asynchronous format, with eight 8-week
terms offered each year. Class assignments are done only at the
request of the faculty member, with no minimum number of class
Online faculty expectations:
• It is expected that an online faculty member will model a
personal commitment to the goals and values of Liberty University,
engage in an active commitment to, and experience of, personal
spiritual formation within a biblically-informed Christian
worldview. Candidate must be committed to the evangelical standards
and mission of Liberty University.
• Teach from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned
schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
• Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and
• Provide regular and timely feedback to students.
• Participate in school retention initiatives by maintaining
productive conduct with students and by getting in touch with, and
offering assistance to absent students.
• Advise students in matters related to academics, attendance, and
• Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the
• Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance
with university policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
To teach at the baccalaureate level, faculty will need to possess a
minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline with
experience desired. Relevant certifications are a definite
To teach at the Master’s or Doctoral levels, faculty will need to
possess a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the related discipline
and hold a related, conferred terminal degree.
All degrees must be earned from an institution recognized by the
U.S. Department of Education.
3-5 years of teaching experience
Experience in Sport Management Field
Special Instructions for Applicants
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Professional License(s)
- Other Document
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).