Senior Instructional Technologist
About SUNY Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
The college continues its 49-year commitment experimenting with new, flexible, and individualized modes of learning through such practices as mentoring students throughout their academic studies, creating individualized degree plans, valuing learning gained from life and work experience, building professional and social student support communities and creating flexible modes of delivery to meet students' diverse learning preferences. The college now boast over 87,000 proud and successful alumni and partners with nearly 17,000 students a year who want to expand their personal and professional horizons.
Empire State College is a part of the SUNY System and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With headquarters in Saratoga Springs, New York, ESC serves mostly working adults pursuing associate, bachelor's and master's degrees online and onsite at over 30 locations across the state of New York and abroad.
Empire State College is committed to creating a multi-cultural and inclusive academic and work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are pleased to offer our employees a generous compensation and benefits package.
The Senior Instructional Technologist, a position employed through the Research Foundation (RF) for the State of New York, will report to the on-site Project Coordinator. Both the Senior Instructional Technologist and Project Coordinator are overseen by the Principal Investigator of the project award at SUNY Empire State College. The position is a full-time appointment subject to renewed annual grant funding and includes full-time benefits as applicable.
The Senior Instructional Technologist will provide instructional technology support to Erie County Department of Social Services trainers, subcontracted trainers, and the Project Coordinator. The Senior Instructional Technologist will work as part of a team, assisting as needed, in the delivery of instructional content for adult learners in areas relevant to technology and utilize a wide variety of training mediums (i.e. eLearning platforms, apps, videos, web-based curriculum, PowerPoint presentations, print materials, etc.). Training sessions are delivered through face-to-face instruction with a goal of supporting trainees to become successful in their position of employment.
Position responsibilities include training duties and assisting with project coordination.
- Develop curriculum and create instructor and participant guides, self-paced online courses, and instructional videos.
- Assist in the development and delivery of face-to-face virtual group training sessions as requested.
- Develop eLearning courses and utilize a wide range of instructional technology media in the delivery of training sessions.
- Assist in the development of multi-media projects, including managing all video and audio requirements for presentations and virtual learning sessions.
- Ensure timely completion of project assignments and milestones to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Curriculum and Design, Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of one year experience in instructional technology and in delivering training to adult learners.
- Excellent presentation and instructional skills in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Proficient in utilizing web conferencing for meetings and as an instructional tool.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- Effectively interact and work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and demonstrate good judgment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a virtual course.
- Management and integration of graphic, video, and interactive design elements.
- Web development skills including HTML coding.
- Utilize new methods, tools, and processes for continuous improvement of the learning experience.
- Understanding of ADA Compliance and accessibility standards within the online learning environment.
- Master's degree in Education, Curriculum and Design, Educational Technology, or a related field.
- Experience with the design and development of video/audio presentations for use in trainings (i.e. Articulate).
- Expertise in adult learning and education.
- Knowledge of database software and applications - Access, SQL, VB, and/or Python.
- Position requires regular travel between Cheektowaga and downtown Buffalo offices.
- Normal sitting, standing, and walking throughout the course of the day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs.
- On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles up to 70 lbs.
- Periods of extended computer usage.
- Requires dexterity and computer skills.
Rank/Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Applications Due By: Applications accepted until position is filled.
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, The Research Foundation for SUNY will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law. Rev: June 16, 2016
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not State employees, do not participate in any State retirement system, and do not receive New York State fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated State funding. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is a 501(c)3 and maintains independent salary, benefits and retirement plans. http://www.rfsuny.org/
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE ADA COORDINATOR AT (518) 587-2100, ext. 2240. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents, which are required for consideration by clicking on the APPLY NOW button:
- Cover letter
- Name and contact information of three references