Assistant Director of Operations
Assistant Director of Operations
Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
Oversee and manage the insource auxiliary services operations for; SandDollar ID, Mail Service and Printing Services/Print Shop. Responsible for the departmental website and marketing for the department. Responsible for the accounting services reports and purchasing requisitions involved with insourced services card management services, mail services (not including central receiving) and printing services.
Functional Area 1: Operations
Percent Effort: 40%
- Oversee the planning and administering, purchasing, pricing, inventory, promotion, and marketing for the mail, print and ID card management services. Works with the vendors to provide promotion, and marketing of the dining services, bookstore services and transportation services.
- Direct, coordinate, and monitor all facets of the daily operations for the mail, print and card management organizational units, ensuring compliance with the University, state, and federal laws, policies, and regulations. For the mail services this is the daily processing and distributing of incoming and outgoing U.S. as wells as the interoffice campus mail.
- Oversee all mail, print, and SandDollar employees and student workers, including work allocation, training, promotion, enforcement of internal procedures and controls, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance. Oversee the training and supervision of students employed in the mail, card, and print offices through the work-study program. Work with the office of financial aid to ensure work-study students function within federal, state, and institutional guidelines and with student services to assure maintenance of academic standards of all students under his/her charge.
Functional Area 2: Administrative
Percent Effort: 35%
- Develop and implement outcomes that ensure excellent service, quality and competitive pricing offered by mail, card and print management balanced with fiscal solvency. Develop key performance indicators for mail, card and print services. Leads the implementation of performance measures and other metrics to assess the productivity and quality of work of staff and vendors. Standardizes quality and performance standards using industry benchmarks and best practices. Makes process recommendations to improve performance. Works with transportation vendor to ensure quality and performance standards using contract and industry benchmarks to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Direct and monitor the established policies and procedures relating to daily cash handling, sales, and payment transactions. Process and responsible for the accuracy of daily financial documents to include cashiers' daily transactions and deposits. Responsible for the accounting services reports and purchasing requisitions involved with insourced services card management services, mail services (not including central receiving) and printing services.
- Responsible for inventory and maintenance of all kitchen and other equipment utilized by the contractors to provide services.
Functional Area 3: Support
Percent Effort: 25%
- Oversee the University Services departmental webpages to include transportation program, dining program and Campus Store. Manage and implement communication strategies to students, staff, and faculty for all service units- mail, print, ID card management, dining, transportation and campus store.
- Assist the Director in identifying, building, and enhancing business relationships with other departments/individuals.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Five (5) years of related experience.
- Intermediate skills in Computers and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Excellent written communication, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong personnel management to include demonstrated ability to select, motivate, develop, evaluate performance, discipline, and promote collaborative team efforts. Ability to work in a dynamic environment of rapidly changing priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities. As well as skills in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan, develop and implement marketing strategies and programs.
- Master's degree.
- Experience in mail services, university ID card service management and/or print service operations.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Assistant-Director-of-Operations_R-038134