Clinical Lab & Simulation Center Coordinator, Nursing
Posting Number: 0001035
PS Position#: 00000272
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 12 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
In support of both vocational and licensed nursing programs, the Skills Lab & Simulation Center Coordinator promotes and facilitates the development and implementation of teaching-learning activities utilizing low, medium, and high fidelity manikins ad other simulation technology. The Coordinator also provides technical and administrative skills to support the operation of the Lee College Clinical Lab & Simulation Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish policies and procedures for the Clinical Lab and
- Collaborate with faculty to develop and implement high quality
learning and assessment experiences which will promote student
learning, critical thinking, and clinical reasoning.
- Coordinate Clinical Lab and Simulation Center scheduling to
maximize student learning.
- Program simulators to model patient physiological responses
during simulation exercises.
- Support and assist in role-playing applications, prop
placement, and moulage set-up for lab and simulation
- Operator simulators and audio/visual equipment for Clinical Lab
and Simulation Center.
- Provide recommendations for budget and purchase of equipment,
supplies, and materials related to the Clinical lab and Simulation
- Coordinate maintenance of patient simulators, part-task
trainers, and Clinical Simulation Center audio-visual equipment and
other lab equipment.
- Supervise and evaluate Clinical Lab and Simulation Center staff.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct tours and simulations sessions for internal/external
groups and/or individuals.
- Create and deliver professional lab procedures.
- Participate in program assessment and accreditation activities
as directed by the Director of Nursing.
- Participate on committees both in the division and on the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Must hold a current license or privilege to practice as a
Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Two (2) years of experience in patient care
- Experience teaching nursing at the postsecondary
- Must be computer proficient
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work evening and weekends as needed
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Simulation-based learning experience in an experimental setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6843
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.