IT Security Analyst
IT Security Analyst
Job no: 495813
SUNY Budget Title: Lead Programmer-Analyst
Salary Level/Grade: SL3
Work type: Full time
Department: IT Security
Categories: Management & Professional
Located in Western New York, State University of New York College at Brockport is a nationally recognized and accredited public institution with competitive state health insurance and retirement plan options. SUNY Brockport also includes Brockport Downtown and sponsors the Rochester Educational Opportunity Center (REOC), both located in Rochester, NY. We are an inclusive employee-oriented university. Be yourself and start your career here. Help us build a better Brockport! Job Summary: SUNY Brockport, State University of New York is accepting applications for an IT Security Analyst. The IT Security Analyst plans, configures, designs, develops, implements, and maintains tools, systems, and procedures; monitors, detects, and maintains the security of data, systems, and networks to ensure the integrity, reliability, and security of data, systems, and networks. The Security Analyst will have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team and will be expected to maintain an understanding of technology, functions and operational procedures.
- Assists in day-to-day production problem resolution, including
urgent and/or complex client issues and provide assistance and
support to administrative and academic departments.
- Provides technical support, best practices and training for
various departments across campus.
- Collaborates with team members to resolve and respond to
- Prepares technical and user documentation.
- Develops reports and procedures associated with IT Security
- Manages medium scale initiatives with limited
- Collaborates and provide security reviews of new technology and
software for the College.
- Monitors security events in the SIEM as well as other security
feeds (logging, email, phone, chat, and other
- Triages of incoming security events, perform preliminary
analysis, validate events, and escalate to management and senior
level staff if events require additional response.
- Performs and document operational tasks and compliance
- Documents event analysis and daily tasks for additional
personnel to review.
. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree by time of appointment from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Experience in an information security analyst role.
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology security vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures on major operating systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and various constituents.
- Ability to communicate complex situations and tasks to team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and keep up-to-date with emerging technology.
- Knowledge of network protocols, firewalls, encryption, host based security agents and other information security controls.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network security issues and approaches.
- Demonstrated experience selecting and applying appropriate data encryption technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply security controls to computer software and hardware.
- Demonstrated ability to administer complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/495813/it-security-analyst