Director of Recruitment
Director of Recruitment & Retention (AA21152)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Education, College of
Unit: Cen for Educator P'ships & Student Suppo211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on June 8, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
POSITION:Probationary; Range D*
Salary Minimum: $50,553
Salary Maximum: $93,344
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
In coordination with Dean and Center Director, provide leadership, vision and direction for college-level recruitment and retention with specific emphasis on students of color. Work across the university and with external partners to build and sustain a culture of academic support and retention to help underrepresented students thrive at the university. Lead Teachers of Tomorrow, a comprehensive student support program. Identify new initiatives and priorities to reduce barriers to student success and to build strong relationships with students from recruitment to graduation and play a key role in ensuring the college prepares educators who meet the needs of P-12 students.
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field with a minimum of three years of professional experience OR a Bachelor’s degree in Education plus a minimum of four years of professional experience in teaching, education, leadership or outreach.
- Ability to articulate policies, procedures and practices to guide work of self and others.
- Experience working in the areas of racial equity and social justice.
- Experience in strategic program planning and implementation, leading change management and process improvement methods.
- Excellent written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing a diverse, equitable and inclusive working and learning environment.
- Acute understanding of the critical need to recruit and retain teachers of color into the profession.
- Demonstrated application of college student development theories and high impact student success practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in recruitment, admissions, and retention in higher education.
- Ability to work collaboratively across divisions and colleges with personnel at all levels.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Laura Maki, Director, Assessment and Research
College of Education
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M135M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 05/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1861
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.