Job ID: 22440
Location: City College of New York
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions will report to the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Management, and through the Assistant Vice President to the Vice President of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at The City College of New York. The Director of Undergraduate Admissions will provide a strategic vision for the demands of a changing educational landscape, in a dynamic, urban context.
The position also leads, directs, and oversees the operations of the Admissions Office. Furthermore, the Director collaborates with Campus Leaderships and academic departments, relating to prospective student recruitment strategies. The Director conducts research and analysis to articulate institutional policy related to undergraduate student recruitment and admissions, and informs Senior leadership to establish plans and strategic enrollment goals. The Director develops and directs fiscal and resource strategies, plans and admissions policies.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Director of Undergraduate Admissions duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create, and implement admissions criteria set by the Faculty Councils, and manage admissions strategies for the College and/or specific programs or groups.
- Collaborate with appropriate constituencies in the development and maintenance of a comprehensive recruitment, marketing and new student communication plan.
- Analyze inquiry and application trends to identify potential opportunities for enrollment growth, monitors admissions activities and processes through analysis of key performance indicators.
- Provide strategic oversight of admissions operations and staff, including coordination with external organizations and University administration, and set clear goals and expectations within reasonable timelines.
- Prepare and maintain department budget including developing detailed proposals to inform recruitment and admissions decisions.
- Assess and report outcomes; use information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to inform improvements to the recruiting and admissions process.
- Guide the implementation of new and emerging technologies, as well as the maintenance of existing technologies.
Bachelor’s Degree and eight years’ related experience required.
- Ability to execute complex strategies in an evolving college structure.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of best practice recruitment strategies and admissions business processes.
- Proficient in the use of standard higher education Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Resource Management (CRM) systems and tools, and online applications.
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, data management, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively a with a wide range of audiences in a diverse community.
- Ability to work evening hours and occasional weekends.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Develops, implements, and manages one or more major admissions and recruiting functions.
- Manages overall recruitment and admissions processes
- Develops recruiting strategies for the College and/or specific programs or groups and works closely with academic departments, programs, and administrators to coordinate marketing and recruiting
- Manages the development and distribution of recruiting materials and communications of all kinds
- Manages admissions operations and staff, including coordination with outside organizations and University administration
- Oversees department budget including developing detailed proposals to support recruitment and admissions
- Evaluates and reports outcomes; uses information in statistical, fiscal, and other reports to make improvements to the recruiting process
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY’s benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYfirst, please click on “Apply Now” on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on “Employment”
- Click “Search job listings”
- Click on “More search options”
- Search by Job Opening ID number 22440
- Click on the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
June 12, 2021
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.