The successful incumbent will participate in all aspects of the
college admission cycle. This individual serves a key leadership
role as director of the office’s recruitment efforts of students
from underserved backgrounds. The incumbent should have a
demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, and be prepared
to direct office-wide efforts to increase the diversity of the
university’s undergraduate population. Responsibilities include,
but are not limited to:
• Design, implement and lead innovative plans for recruitment
efforts of students from underserved backgrounds, including campus
and community outreach programs.
• Lead the Undergraduate Admission Diversity & Access team and
provide oversight and guidance for successful on-campus recruitment
events focusing on underrepresented populations.
• Using both qualitative and quantitative data from queries and
reports, analyze success of recruitment efforts, and make
recommendations for new initiatives as warranted.
• Serve as liaison to and strengthen partnerships with campus
• Contribute to one or more additional office-wide leadership roles
such as student and staff professional development, application
review assignments, and/or working with one or more student
• Conduct information sessions and represent the office through
high school visitations and participation at college day and
• Read and evaluate applications for admission, including lead
responsibility for the selection of William & Mary Scholar
• This position has supervisory responsibilities for multiple
full-time staff, interns, graduate assistants and/or part-time
EEO Statement: William & Mary values diversity and
invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich
the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The
university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans,
and individuals with disabilities.