Assistant Vice President for Finance and Controller
Oregon Tech is seeking applications for an Assistant Vice President for Finance and Controller (AVP) in Financial Operations. This is a 12-month, full-time position located on the Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, Oregon. Oregon Tech offers competitive salaries with excellent benefits including comprehensive healthcare, a generous retirement package, and significant tuition discounts at the seven public universities in Oregon. The role of the Financial Operations team includes supporting Oregon Tech compliance with federal and state regulations and policies and providing a variety of services to students, faculty, staff, campus departments, and vendors. The successful applicant is expected to lead and direct the Business Affairs Office and Budget and Planning Office of the University. This role is an integral partner to the academic and administrative units across the institution, collaborates with and provides a high level of support, analysis, and counsel to the Vice President for Finance and Administration. The AVP collaborates and works closely with the University Shared Services Enterprise (USSE) to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Financial Accounting Standards Board Pronouncements (FASB), and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements that apply to the University. The AVP also directs reviews and supervises the development of the University’s annual budget which includes coordinating both the operating and capital budgets; developing tools that support decision-making and analysis, compiling fiscal impact studies, drafting and recommending financial policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, management, finance or related field.
- Functional knowledge of FASB, GASB and GAAP.
- Strong computer and related applications skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Five years of progressively responsible financial management/leadership experience as a Controller/Assistant Controller, a Director/ Assistant Director or Assistant Vice President.
- Collaborative and responsible leader with strong management and critical thinking skills. An active listener who is responsive and innovative in problem-solving, who respects others and works to build a high-performance team.
- Experience with financial systems or enterprise-wide resource planning system (ERP).
- Active or inactive CPA license/master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience in Higher Education accounting and budgeting.
- FENXT experience.
How to Apply: To review the full posting and to apply, visit https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/4171. For questions about this position please contact Sandra Fox, search committee chair, at Sandra.firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. Oregon Tech is an AA/EEO/Vets/ADA employer.