TUTOR - CHEMISTRY (PT)
Richard J. Daley College is located on the southwest side of
Chicago. As a City College of Chicago, Daley College offers
accessible and affordable opportunities for academic advancement,
career development, and personal enrichment. The Advanced
Manufacturing College to Careers program is headquartered at
Richard J. Daley College.
This position bridges the gap between the college and the needs of
the student. Helps students make academic progress, while promoting
independent learning and self-reliance.
- Provides academic assistance to assigned tutees, either in a
group or individually. Establishes liaison with the instructor and
works under the instructor’s direction, if necessary, to assist the
- Attends periodic training sessions given by staff members to
increase competency in working with students.
- Maintains records on each student who is being tutored,
including follow-up and periodic assessment. Schedules tutoring
appointments. Provides evaluations and other reports as required by
- Helps students develop positive attitudes toward learning and
studying; self-confidence and reduce anxiety or fear of failure in
academic work; and a high level of motivation in academic
- Assists students in achieving a better understanding of
specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in
designated areas. Helps students develop the study skills necessary
for academic success.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the assigned student(s).
Serves as a role model for students being served. Assists in
designing and implementing class cooperative projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Chemistry.
- Possess excellent communication skills, and the ability to work
with a diverse student body.
- Must be self-directed and able to complete assignments in a