Assistant or Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy - Academic Fieldwork Coordinator
The new Occupational Therapy Doctoral (OTD) Program in the College of Health Sciences at Dixie State University in St. George, Utah, seeks a doctoral-prepared occupational therapist to ensure compliance with the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) educational standards and manage the student fieldwork within the program.
The successful applicant will join an innovative team in the didactic and clinical development, and implementation of the OTD program, as well as have primary responsibility for the development, coordination, and monitoring of student fieldwork experiences, in compliance with ACOTE educational standards. This is an eleven-month faculty position, with a desired start date of early 2022. More information about the college, faculty, and degree offerings can be found online at https://health.dixie.edu/ .
- Maintain Program compliance with fieldwork requirements of ACOTE standards.
- Serve as the liaison between course directors, program director, and interprofessional resources to achieve the objectives of the program, college, and university.
- Collaborate with faculty, program director, and fieldwork educators to create and manage a Level II Fieldwork model that fits ACOTE standards.
- Oversee the mapping of all Fieldwork experiences to the curriculum.
- Create and implement the evaluation plan for Fieldwork-related learning.
- Disseminate findings from the evaluation plan.
- Create the policies and procedures for soliciting student data and assigning Fieldwork sites.
- Create and oversee the process for contract establishment and renewal.
- Oversee database utilization and management by fieldwork faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with faculty and program director to develop ongoing learning opportunities for clinical educators.
- Provide recommendations to the Program’s strategic plan.
- Assist the Program Director with completion of all required annual reports for program accreditation.
- Teach in areas of expertise with the Program, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possess a doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in the state of Utah.
- Minimum of three years of professional practice experience, including supervising occupational therapy fieldwork students.
- A current and valid driver’s license, with reliable personal transportation (job include frequent travel to fieldwork settings).
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills needed for working with diverse stakeholders.
- Proficient with computer technology and strong organization, problem-solving, and counseling skills.
PREFERRED OR DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in academic program or curricular development and knowledge of ACOTE standards.
- Teaching experience at the college/university level.
- Experience with online teaching.
- Experience in scholarly activity.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Full-time (11-month) faculty position, on either the tenure track or professional track, depending on qualifications & experience. Faculty service, including pay & benefits, begins early 2022. Annual salary commensurate upon qualifications & experience; additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental, vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life, disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins July 1, 2021 ;position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (approximately one page, single-spaced, about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University (DSU) is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life' and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to creating a student-centered active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State University is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education, with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Occupational Therapy Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George