Professor, Computer Information Systems (Fall 2021)
Multiple Campus Locations, Multiple Campus Locations
McKinney, Texas, 75069
We are searching for an experienced Professor, Computer
Information Systems (Fall 2021)
Teach assigned workforce courses,
including linked courses (credit/non-credit), in accordance with
the course syllabus and college policy. Continue to update and
revise course content and teaching methodology in order to maintain
currency and relevance in the respective industry. Maintain
familiarity with current texts, materials, teaching aids, and
techniques relative to courses within the discipline and recommend
their adoption when appropriate. Establish professional
relationships with respected industry partners to enhance student
job and career readiness.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
For Lab Courses:
- Remain current in industry certification, designation, and
state license(s) if required.
- Request classroom and lab supplies as needed by following
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction.
- Provide advice and/or assistance to associate faculty in regard
to course content and instructional materials.
- Post and observe a minimum of six office hours per week for
purposes of academic advising and student consultation at times
most convenient for students. Meet with students as needed by
- Advise and assist students during the ongoing registration
process and as needed to improve program completion and
- Actively participate in discipline, division and college-wide
task forces and committees for an average of two hours per
- Attend scheduled discipline, division, and college-wide
meetings and participate in official graduation ceremonies and
department-level recognition events.
- Actively participate in initiatives to maintain college-wide
accreditation as well as maintaining standards required for
discipline program review, accreditation and/or approval.
- Work with Library staff in the selection of print and non-print
materials in the overall collection development of the
- Establish annual objectives mutually determined with the
division associate dean or director, including personal and
professional growth plans.
- Maintain current knowledge and competence in the appropriate
academic or workforce disciplines by engaging in industry
networking events, meetings, job site visits, and conferences.
- Participate in program advisory committee meetings.
- Contribute to and participate in staff development
- Participate in community activities and services.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance
with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
- Perform other duties as determined in consultation with the
division associate dean, dean, or director.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized laboratory
environment and laboratory storage to optimize facility/equipment
utilization and safety.
- Conduct initial troubleshooting measures on equipment and
promptly labels and reports all equipment in need of repair. Ensure
compliance with warranty requirements as needed and preventative
maintenance on equipment as scheduled.
- Provide adequate safety and security measures to ensure student
safety and protection of laboratory equipment.
Must have passion and a strong commitment to teaching business
applications related to multiple applications and hardware within
the workforce and transfer student programs.
- Foundational understanding of HTML
- Solid foundation in Microsoft Office Suite (Preferably
Microsoft Office 365)
- Solid foundation in creating business documents with a word
processor software and Microsoft Excel tables, graphics, and mail
- Solid foundation in information technology concepts – hardware,
software, networks, security, and privacy
- Strong hands-on experience in using web-based technologies to
conduct ethical business research (will be a plus)
- Create databases and manage data with database software using
tables, fields, relationships, indexes, keys, views, queries,
forms, reports, and import/export functions (will be a plus)
- Solid foundation in multiple desktop operating systems
(Windows, Mac, etc.)
- Flexible and adaptive
- Has learned how to learn
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to work with students not prepared/motivated
- Two to three years’ working with distributed applications,
desktop applications, preferably involving real-world
- systems, firmware, biomedical devices, network programming,
data analytics and automation.
- Two to three years’ teaching in a community college or advanced
high school programming classes or relative industry
Master’s degree in Computer Science or
Computer Information Systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to
10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the
Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the
job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and
reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions
or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Faculty
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $52,025.00 - 65,048.00 *Salary is
contingent upon contract days, education, and
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to
all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or