Assistant Director - Enterprise Resource Planning Operations
The Information Technology Services department at West Virginia University is seeking applications for an Assistant Director- Enterprise Resource Planning Operations. This position serves as a leader of the Banner Operations team. The Banner Operations team is charged with operational support of the Ellucian Banner Student Information System and all Student related applications (STAR). These applications provide functions including but not limited to document management, job automation, workflows, address correction/verification, transcript processing, and room scheduling.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Provide direction for unit charged with support and daily operations of the enterprise applications and solutions supported by ITS, specifically Ellucain Banner and BDMS.
- Lead and oversee Application Administration and Operations unit.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Supervisor responsibilities will include but are not limited to: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and discipline employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; ensuring participation in professional development programs and interdepartmental/divisional teams.
- Collaborate with ITS leadership and business units on the integration and support of applications through the development of common standards, policies and practices.
- Work with technology and business leadership of the university to ensure understanding of their requirements and to continually improve services provided. Align delivery of solutions with the needs of both the business and the overall strategic direction of the university.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technology initiatives and system upgrades.
- Ensure appropriate segregations of duties, change control and security of enterprise systems are maintained. As a result, this position must monitor for, Identify, establish and execute plans for patches and releases for systems to ensure appropriate change management procedures are adhered too. The position will evaluate user requests for security access and verify that segregations of duties are followed and coordinate with appropriate units to manage accounts. This position must also develop monitoring methods of systems for security/access violations. When violations are detected, this position must work quickly to evaluate the situation/user and take immediate action to prevent any interruption to WVU's mission critical systems. Must work with the Information Security Department as required.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with IT units across campus. This position will use diplomacy and customer relation skills to communicate both verbally and in writing with both technical and non-technical groups, and with peers and upper management, including informal updates, analytical and technical documentation.
- Attend classes, workshops, and conferences and performing online research to learn about enhancements, improvements and related concepts, technology trends, and new methodologies. Also attends workshops and classes on leadership and supervision.
- Plan and/or lead projects as appointed by ITS Senior Management; performs other necessary and appropriate tasks as directed by ITS Senior Management
- Bachelor of Science degree and/or or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
- Six (6) years of experience in the following:
- Reporting tools (Argos, Cognos, PowerBi, etc)
- Application Administration Experience with Ellucian Banner (functional experience with Ellucian Banner, preferably in the area(s) of Admissions, Student Records, Registration, Financial Aid and Student Accounts)
- Overall IT experience with Enterprise Level systems supporting more than 10K users
- In-depth knowledge of application security to ensure WVU and Industry standards are adhered to. (Knowledge of computer security issues, requirements and trends)
- Clearly communicate highly technical concepts to both technical experts and non-technical users and management
- Quickly and logically analyze situations, identify cause, and provide valid solutions in stressful or down- time situations.
- Manage and supervise staff
- Manage and complete projects within budget and on time.
- Communicate with (senior) administrators and vendor personnel/management regarding contractual and technical issues.
- Prepare technical documentation and justify approach used, resolve complex issues, explain and/or train staff on technical features of an application or process, and the ability to express technical information to non-technical users as well as gather information from them relating to system needs and issues.
- Proven Infrastructure implementation, configuration, administration and deployment skills
- Strong customer relationship and interpersonal skills -Strong English oral and written communication skills with technical and non-technical personnel requirements at levels from technical to management to end users.
- Excellent Active Listening skills.
- Strong Planning and Organizing competencies, analytical skills, and Problem solving
- Customer focus, team oriented, ability to adapt and respond to change, adhering to principles and values
- Creative and Innovative, results driven
- 24/7 Production Support mentality
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518 buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55 counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley — the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8 million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or position.
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu. View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown