Director, Field to Table Institute, #35856
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
St. Charles Community College seeks a full-time Director of the Field to Table Institute who will develop and expand innovative programs and partnerships that meet the needs of students in the agriculture and culinary fields. In addition to overseeing programs, the Director will help articulate a vision for creating a new and healthy approach to culinary arts, agriculture, and related disciplines that contributes to the education of students, grows enrollment, and builds connections with the community through healthy living programs, services and events. The Director will work closely with instructors, students, staff, and Advisory Boards to ensure successful operation of programs and alignment with business and industry needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the development, operation and implementation of all related programs Culinary, Agriculture, Food, Wellness and Healthy Living.
- Identifies and recommends new programs including the identification of emerging trends and best practices related to programs Culinary, Agriculture, Food, Wellness and Healthy Living.
- Participates in program review and other assessment activities both internal and external.
- Oversees the development and implementation of entrepreneurial initiatives related to educational outcomes for students across the various programs.
- Manages the design and implementation of non-credit, work readiness programs for individuals, team-building programs for regional companies, and an annual schedule of continuing education offerings related to Culinary, Agriculture, Food, Wellness and Healthy Living.
- Establishes a culture of respect, strong work ethic, consistency, and effective communication.
- Assists in the development of instructional spaces and facilities to support programmatic goals and objectives.
- Coordinates supplies, materials and equipment.
- Works diligently to ensure student recruitment, retention and completion of programs.
- Identifies and coordinates partnership opportunities for scholarships, equipment and internships.
- Acts as liaison with external partners, including business and industry in coordination with the Workforce Development staff.
- Cultivates relationships with K-12 institutions in coordination with the Workforce Development staff, and with colleges and universities offering agriculture, culinary, tourism and hospitality programs to cultivate articulation agreements and other collaborative efforts.
- Assists in the identification of resources necessary for successful program delivery while operating within approved budget levels. Works collaboratively with Assistant Vice President of Workforce and Community Education, Dean of Health Science and the College Foundation to identify and pursue viable resource development initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of courses and/or programs, including teaching when needed.
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, supervision, evaluation, and development of program faculty and staff.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department in marketing efforts and social media strategies.
- Travel as required to College campuses/sites and for external activities.
- Associates degree in Agriculture, Culinary/Hospitality Administration, or a related field and 3 or more years of hands-on successful experience in developing agriculture, culinary, and healthy living initiatives; or Associate's degree in Business or related areas with 5 or more years of hands on successful experience in developing agriculture, culinary, and healthy living initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Culinary/Hospitality Administration, or related field preferred.
- Industry credentials in related areas - Executive Management, Leadership, Food and Beverage, Nutrition and Dietary, Agriculture desirable.
- Individuals with entrepreneurial, business ownership or management experience desirable.
- Some experience in a supervisory or leadership position helpful.
- Classroom training or teaching experience desirable, especially in the areas of agriculture or culinary/hospitality.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.