Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations (Apply via Search Firm)
*All application materials must be submitted to the search firm.*
Reporting to the Executive Director for Corporate and Foundation Relations, the Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for engaging with and supporting faculty, deans, and other campus leaders to secure funding from corporations and foundations for University initiatives and faculty-led research, scholarship, and creative activity efforts in the department of Development. The Director develops and manages relationships with corporations and foundations; crafting proposals and other requests for funding opportunities aligned with both donor objectives and the policies of the University and Tower Foundation; collaborates with development colleagues to identify promising projects; and assists with managing the Corporate and Foundation Relations pipeline. The Director is responsible for securing corporate and foundation contributions of up to seven figures. This position reports the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations and is a part of a three-person Corporate and Foundation Relations team.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
- Conduct prospect research and develop an annual grants strategy to secure support for University priorities as identified by the President, Provost, Deans, and Department Chairs; recruit faculty grant seekers and champions within the administration
- Work collaboratively with faculty, administrators and Tower Foundation staff to understand donor needs; develop projects and budgets; and write proposals/requests to secure gifts, grants, and other forms of support in order to meet annual fundraising goals
- Assemble and submit funding requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and/or presentations
- Track/manage the progress of submitted proposals
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of donations
- Coordinate corporate and foundation development activity and solicitations campus wide in conjunction with Tower Foundation, faculty liaisons, and directors of development for all colleges and the Library
- Provide stewardship for corporations and foundations, including managing reporting requirements
- Update and maintain Advance database with required contact reports, proposal tracks, and other items in a timely fashion
- Monitor recordkeeping processes to ensure consistency in donor stewardship, acknowledgement of donations, and recognition of donors in accordance with University Advancement procedures
- Stay current in the field by reading philanthropy-related articles, attending video conferences and other development training when feasible
- Keep accurate track of personal goals and metrics, prepare activity reports, and update supervisor regularly on project status and any challenges and opportunities
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all functions
- Represent SJSU as a liaison for corporate and foundation partners by initiating and establishing relationships with key corporations and foundations
- Serve as a liaison between University and community groups, sharing information about the corporate and foundation giving program and strategy
- Engage in campus activities that donors or prospective donors may attend
- Advise, collaborate, and support University development officers regarding corporate and foundation prospects
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
- Knowledge using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information
- Expert writing, analytical, and research skills
- Ability to write proposals/requests and reports in a clear and compelling manner
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office product suite.
- Proven ability to effectively articulate clear and compelling messages
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must meet deadlines
- Excellent planning, tracking, and follow-up skills; must be attentive to details
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and limited resources
- Strong time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and use fundraising databases, software, and Internet search engines to identify funding prospects
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience creating and sustaining successful relationships with private funders, particularly in the Bay Area
- Five years of experience developing successful proposals and securing major grants of up to multiple seven figures from corporate and foundation funders
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- Experience in foundation and corporation grant writing
- Experience maintaining relationships with donors and prospective donors
- Corporate and foundation fundraising experience at a university
- Excellent written communication skills
- Networking experience including strong consultative skills to work with internal and external constituents
Classification: Administrator II
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
All applicants must apply by visiting: https://careers-anothersource.icims.com/jobs/3150/job?mode=job&iis=SOURCE&iisn=EmployerWebsite
For full consideration, applicant materials should be received by June 2, 2021 .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: May 18, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose
- Grants & Contracts Not specified Full Time jobs in San Jose