Veterinary Necropsy Assistant-CARE
Veterinary Necropsy Assistant-CARE
The University Of Florida Veterinary Hospital Necropsy/Disposal Service is looking to fill a position for a Veterinary Necropsy Assistant. The Necropsy/Disposal Service is responsible for handling all animal remains to process for both the College of Veterinary Medicine and the Veterinary Hospitals. Duties include but not limited to;
- This is a full-time 40-hour CARE position with hours that will vary depending on coverage needed. Typically, these will be shifts between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm Sunday through Saturday. May require weekend coverage.
- Assisting with necropsy cases from intake through processing,
keeping laboratory supplies ready, and maintaining lab cleanliness
- Filing samples and related materials from completed cases,
computer entry of results, QC entries and digester load runs.
o Empty and clean a computerized tissue digester used for the disposal of animal remains.
- Filing samples and related materials from completed cases, computer entry of results, QC entries and digester load runs.
- The position requires a good level of customer service skills and the ability to solve problems while following procedures.
- Loading and unloading tissue digester and working with various
- Using a hoist to load and unload a tissue digester
- Cleaning the equipment after loading
- Cleaning the coolers
- Cleaning the necropsy area with disinfectants
- Tissue Processing
- Assisting in the necropsy and disposal process. This includes showing students basic necropsy techniques and assisting the pathologist and residents during a necropsy
- Processing patients for cremation and working closely with outside cremation companies
- Participates in infectious disease necropsies and taking samples to the Alachua County Health Department when needed
- Sharpening knives with a wet stone and steel
- Preparing various chemical solutions
- Customer assistance and administrative support
- Working with computers (scanning inventory) and bagging tissue
- Stocking lab areas with specific supplies when needed
- Talking to potential and current clients to assess needs and resolve issues
- Other duties as required
$16.00 per hour, commensurate with education and experience
High School diploma and one (1) year work experience including customer service and computer records maintenance.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and references when applying for this position.
This is a CARE position offering limited benefits including health insurance and paid time off.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: Yes
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge